Civic 4 DR Non Air (M/T) $19,990- was 22950
Civic 5 DR (M/T) $24,950- was 25950
Accord VTI $29,990- was 34250
Accord V6 $36,990- was 39990
Accord V6L $43,740- was 45240
Accord Euro (M/T) $33,500
Accord Euro Luxury (M/T) $40,500
S2000 $72,590- was 74590

metallic paint option has now increased to $300.

Just confirmed that there is a new price list for Honda Motor Vehicles, mainly due to the new Aus- Thai free trade agreement.

UA Accords will go through a price + spec change, whereas the price of Civic Gli will be cheaper.

Do look out for Honda's January Campaign this month- especially for the special offer of iPod 20G for Jazz purchases that will be heavily advertised in the media, as well as a very special offer on most of Honda's range for this month only!

bigdongers
01-01-2005, 07:14 PM
the iPod deal sounds interesting. I wonder if they will somehow integrate it into the stereo.

gundam
01-01-2005, 08:04 PM
the iPod deal sounds interesting. I wonder if they will somehow integrate it into the stereo.
Funny you should mention that- dealers should think about buying a whole heap of iTrips as a FM modulator for the iPod, but no one was willing to pay $10 for something to give away.

bigdongers
04-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Another thing I find interesting is that the Euro is a $40k+ car so therefore with the import duty decrease of 5%, the car should get a min $2000 discount. However this has not happened as they are hiding behind the fact you get 17's and full sized spare for the Lux model. No way is this worth $2000 to Honda. I reckon there is now a bit more room for haggling :)

vti-2
04-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Can you post last year's prices next to these ones so we can see what sort of saving there is, if any?

:)

cybermivec
04-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Remember the 5% discount for the Tariff reduction is not on the recommended retail price of the vehicle - tariff is paid on the imported value of the vehicle, before any add on by Honda Australia and before the dealers margin.

cybermivec
04-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Can you tell me what a iTrips is?

gundam
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Another thing I find interesting is that the Euro is a $40k+ car so therefore with the import duty decrease of 5%, the car should get a min $2000 discount. However this has not happened as they are hiding behind the fact you get 17's and full sized spare for the Lux model. No way is this worth $2000 to Honda. I reckon there is now a bit more room for haggling :)
I guess for starters there is no need for a discount on the Euro- why discount on something that's in high demand with tight supply?

That being said do check out the offer for this month. I think everyone will be as surprised as I was. The offers are worth more than what the savings from the duties should have bring.

To everyone who brought a new Honda in the last couple of months just keep in mind that you have brought a car that is a absolute hot property before everyone else- and that counts for something.

To everyone who wants to buy a Honda- do it in the month of Jan! There will not be a better opportunity. Recent price realignments, model changes/upgrades, spec changes and now such a great offer on most of the Honda range.

Supply is strictly limited, and for many of the models people are looking at March delivery if dealer stock runs out.

gundam
04-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Can you tell me what a iTrips is?
iTrip is a FM modulator for the iPod. In a nutshell, you use it to broadcast the music from you iPod to the FM radio in your car/office/etc.

Peekay34
04-01-2005, 09:31 PM

There is no room for extra Haggling in any shape or form other than the normal deals you can arrange what ever they may be. I have seen the dealer price list re their margins. Honda has maintained the price of the car and reduced the dealer margin. So infact Honda is now making more money on the car. So the dealer looses and any tarrif reduction has not been passed on to any buyers of the Euro.

I totaly agree that they will say they have added extras which adds value to the car but the reality is they probably do not cost more at the factory to produce. Value added yeah right... More like Honda makes more money.... Especially with the AUS Dollar worth on average more than 12 months ago. I am still getting the Car, but I believe Honda is being greedy by not passing the cuts along. ...my two cents worth.

**Ghost**
04-01-2005, 10:30 PM
hey since its a free trade agreement. Does that mean we can get some k20A stuff (eg: civics or the "city" ) from tahiland?

albii
04-01-2005, 11:12 PM
to anyone who has bought a euro standard how much did they pay out of curiosity.that is drive away in total?

bigdongers
05-01-2005, 02:16 AM
I guess for starters there is no need for a discount on the Euro- why discount on something that's in high demand with tight supply?

That being said do check out the offer for this month. I think everyone will be as surprised as I was. The offers are worth more than what the savings from the duties should have bring.

To everyone who brought a new Honda in the last couple of months just keep in mind that you have brought a car that is a absolute hot property before everyone else- and that counts for something.

To everyone who wants to buy a Honda- do it in the month of Jan! There will not be a better opportunity. Recent price realignments, model changes/upgrades, spec changes and now such a great offer on most of the Honda range.

Supply is strictly limited, and for many of the models people are looking at March delivery if dealer stock runs out.

what offers are going on this month Gundam? I have not seem anything advertised in Perth and we are into January already. Can you give us some insiders info please :D

cybermivec
05-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Where are the details of the Ipod deal - can't find anything on Honda's site!

gundam
05-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Where are the details of the Ipod deal - can't find anything on Honda's site!
I think the ads are due to hit airwaves on this weekend, although there are un-foreseen production problems that it might be delayed for couple of days. But in the mean time your local dealer would be receiving full details of the offer within this week so if you are intending to buy your car this weekend you'll be right.

It's easy to tell whether if the dealer know about the new offer- they would have posted the "Honda January Clearance" banner on their dealership. Can't miss them.

civiceg9
05-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Gundam so do u have a 2005 Type S
how much u get it for?
want a reference price so I can go out and start talking hehe.

gundam
05-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Gundam so do u have a 2005 Type S
how much u get it for?
want a reference price so I can go out and start talking hehe.My car is on a lease.

As for a bargaining point, I dare say you will be getting a terrific deal along with the January offer. That would be a substantial saving in itself. The rest is whether or not the dealership you visit have too much stock of the Type S. If you are in Sydney, try Rick Damellians.

bigdongers
05-01-2005, 04:20 PM
so is this special only for 04 stock and not 05 built stock?

I doubt they would have that much 04 stock to clear since Jazz, CRV, Euro, Odyssey all sell pretty well. It would mainly be Civics and big Accords they would be clearing.

I am guessing they are doing drive away deals and 5 years warranty? Am I right?

Wow I just noticed the new price for the big Accords. Man the 2.4 is only 29990. This is good value! Also 34k for the V6 not bad either!

Thorn2004
06-01-2005, 01:41 AM
I didn't see any mention of the Integra, any price changes there? I like the new Red too, same red as the Integra has, still like my ABP better though ;)

I can see the tradeoff with the Euro Luxury having 17 inch rims, upgraded suspension thrown in and the price staying the same, but what about the Standard Accord Euro? The prices are staying the same but there are no added benefits of buying one? Guess Honda are looking at making more profit and not passing anything on to the customers?

gundam
06-01-2005, 11:51 AM
so is this special only for 04 stock and not 05 built stock?

I doubt they would have that much 04 stock to clear since Jazz, CRV, Euro, Odyssey all sell pretty well. It would mainly be Civics and big Accords they would be clearing.

I am guessing they are doing drive away deals and 5 years warranty? Am I right?

Wow I just noticed the new price for the big Accords. Man the 2.4 is only 29990. This is good value! Also 34k for the V6 not bad either!
The way I read the offer is valid for all new cars sold during the campaign. Likely to be an 05 plated vehicle unless otherwise told by your dealer. There aren't any 05 build Honda in the country yet.

The main 04 plated stock left in dealerland are UA Accords and 04 model CR-V with, along with demo vehicles.

The UA Accord is now such a value for money car that it will be an absolute disgrace if it is not selling like hot cakes. Anyone who complains about the size and firmness of the Euro should get their asses in one of these UA Accords.

gundam
06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
I didn't see any mention of the Integra, any price changes there? I like the new Red too, same red as the Integra has, still like my ABP better though ;)

I can see the tradeoff with the Euro Luxury having 17 inch rims, upgraded suspension thrown in and the price staying the same, but what about the Standard Accord Euro? The prices are staying the same but there are no added benefits of buying one? Guess Honda are looking at making more profit and not passing anything on to the customers?
No change to the pricing of the Integra. Keep in mind that the new model was released about 3 months ago, and price was adjusted back then in anticipation of the tariff reductions.

I'm sure a lot of current Euro owners would rather Honda maintain its current price point than to discount and jeopardizethe resell value of the vehicle. Honda and Subaru are the 2 premier Japanese manufacturers that pays alot of attention to aftersales and resell value.

Spanners
06-01-2005, 12:01 PM
C'mon guys look at all the dates. Press release on Euro was December 22 so must have been posted here late (1 Jan) and then Tariff reduction kicked in on January 1 when Euro did drop in price to $33500.

Careful your not being too hard on Honda as the price on the Euro was hot to start with and certainly a better car then the 6. when I got involved even the sales guys didn't expect thecar to be released at the price it was so we all got a pleasant financial surprise!

I agree with the previuous comments on the demand issue.

bigdongers
06-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Its certainly true the the Euro is still selling very well but Honda should not use this as an excuse to not sell more of this model by passing on the tarriff savings. The Mazda 6 is a bigger volume seller than the Euro and Mazda still passed on the savings.

In November, Subaru overtook Honda for sales year to date for the first time. This is very bad considering that Subaru has a very limited line up compared to Honda. Being cocky and arrogant on pricing is one sure way to lose potential customers.

viperx
07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
interestingly the ua accord is sold as the inspire in japan and it looks better here. how do the japs make everything look better?!?

gundam
07-01-2005, 11:49 AM
interestingly the ua accord is sold as the inspire in japan and it looks better here. how do the japs make everything look better?!?
Cos their's is built in Japan, priced in a bracket just underneath the legend... Not like our Thai el-cheapo bargain for the money.

Spoon-Accord
08-01-2005, 04:16 PM
how bout the Oddeseys?? where are the cheap cheap discount for them?

also guys ipods only last for 18 months..
u cant even change the batterys in them
lolz

Ken

gundam
08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
how bout the Oddeseys?? where are the cheap cheap discount for them?

also guys ipods only last for 18 months..
u cant even change the batterys in them
lolz

Ken
When the new Odyssey was released last June, it was close to 8000 cheaper than the previous model. What more can we ask?

As for the iPods.... I'm sure you could negotiate a $400 discount or something similar value if you don't want it.

Peekay34
09-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda has also lowered the Dealer margin on the Jazz as well to bugger all so other than what is provided with the tarrif cut don't exepct amazing amounts of discount. Honda supply the Ipod not the dealer so I don't think you will find the dealer giving you another $400 dollars off as they simply don't have the margin to play with.

bigdongers
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Man I don't know how you guys can say that they don't make good margin on their cars and how there is no room to move.

I have seen a dealers price list on their cars. Yes the margin seems extrodinarily low. However I doubt this is the real value of the cars. This is probably what they want to show their sales guys and the customers to get the best price. The real price the dealers pay is probably a secret that only the Dealer principle and CFO know.

If they made the margin they say they make, the wouldnt be able to survive!

Peekay34
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Mate I have seen the dealer prices they pay for the Car I have a friend that is a Sales Manager at a Honda Dealer. Yes they do make make money on some cars more than others. But a lot of their income is in servicing the cars and selling spares.

gundam
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Honda has also lowered the Dealer margin on the Jazz as well to bugger all so other than what is provided with the tarrif cut don't exepct amazing amounts of discount. Honda supply the Ipod not the dealer so I don't think you will find the dealer giving you another $400 dollars off as they simply don't have the margin to play with.
To a certain extend that true. But the difference in the margin is negligible. What really should deter the dealer's from ridiculous discount is the demand this campaign should create- they will find a buyer for their car, why not sell to someone who can give them a better profit....

Dealers pay for the iPod. They will organise something else for the customer to roughly the same value if customer is willing to accept.

Peekay34
09-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I will check the fact about the IPOD being paid for by the dealer is true and let you know tomorrow.

Lacrosse19
12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
$41,000 on the road
includes $500 for paint protection.
includes $500 for deep green window tint
includes 12 month rego
includes automatic
includes metalic paint

Spanners
13-01-2005, 03:32 PM
I think the ads are due to hit airwaves on this weekend, although there are un-foreseen production problems that it might be delayed for couple of days. But in the mean time your local dealer would be receiving full details of the offer within this week so if you are intending to buy your car this weekend you'll be right.

It's easy to tell whether if the dealer know about the new offer- they would have posted the "Honda January Clearance" banner on their dealership. Can't miss them.

Spanners
13-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I wanna know how you know all this info gundam????
If Honda is changing prices and ads are about to hit the airwaves then that would all be pretty top secret stuff. You must be an insider to know this or have a contact taking some very serious risks in leaking it to you!

gundam
14-01-2005, 11:38 PM
I wanna know how you know all this info gundam????
If Honda is changing prices and ads are about to hit the airwaves then that would all be pretty top secret stuff. You must be an insider to know this or have a contact taking some very serious risks in leaking it to you!
Not really. All the info I posted on the forum are availble to the public one way or other. For example the new price list I got from a Honda Press release on Autoweb http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_103654/newsarticle.html , while the iPod deal is apperantly known to NSW dealers for a long time, yet cannot be disclosed to the general public til this month for obvious reasons.

bigdongers
15-01-2005, 04:35 PM
I havent been the the Honda dealer but going by TV ads and Newspaper ads, there is no mention of free ipods anywhere. They only have a free Navman PiN for any 04 CRVs.

What offers are going in other states?

civ_sik
20-05-2005, 10:38 AM
sick of the heres news from honda adds on tv they are so bullshit

UNLS1
24-05-2005, 02:40 PM
lol there is more of those adds to come haha

we now starting end of finacial year sale!
PM me if u want a good deal on a new honda!
But nothing like ipods or navmans anymore. Just good deals on new hondas!

cheers james