PDA

View Full Version : price for these parts on Dc5r

Prince_James
12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
hey guys as the title suggest i wish to find out how much it would cost me to purchase and get these parts installed into a Dc5 Type R

Mugen twinloop or Fujitsubo RM-01A exhaust
Highflow cat
Spoon 4-2-1 Header
Injen CAI or GruppeM
Hondata Kpro
Tein SS coilovers

( with the parts other recommendations are most welcome )
if you dont mind please list the part price and installation price for these parts and would be much appreciated or just link me to where it has been posted before
oh and how much gains in performance will i be looking at with each part
thanks in advance :D

illuzi0nz
12-08-2010, 02:48 PM
theres been alot of spoonfeeding going on lately on the forum .. whatever, im bored. ill help you out a bit

-injen cai $470+shipping, jdmyard, can diy, simple bolt on, most complicated thing would be just to cut a hole in the wheelwell.
-tein ss i think i got quoted $1.7k when i was looking for coilovers, i ended up choosing monoflex over them though, installations $150-200 or diy if ur confident
-mugen twinloop $1850+shipping, jdmyard, can diy

gains wont be much without a tune, couple of kw's at most. so you're better off getting the kpro last or at least after your i/h/e to get the most out of it.

SpoonS
12-08-2010, 03:52 PM
What are your plans for the car? street, street with light tracking, mix of both?

Prince_James
12-08-2010, 04:43 PM
theres been alot of spoonfeeding going on lately on the forum .. whatever, im bored. ill help you out a bit

-injen cai $470+shipping, jdmyard, can diy, simple bolt on, most complicated thing would be just to cut a hole in the wheelwell.
-tein ss i think i got quoted $1.7k when i was looking for coilovers, i ended up choosing monoflex over them though, installations $150-200 or diy if ur confident
-mugen twinloop $1850+shipping, jdmyard, can diy

gains wont be much without a tune, couple of kw's at most. so you're better off getting the kpro last or at least after your i/h/e to get the most out of it.
with the mugen twin loop is that the whole system or just cat back ?
so how much is the k pro ? do u know ?
thanks for the help though much appreciated
but yeah i will be getting k pro after those

Prince_James
12-08-2010, 04:44 PM
plans with the car prolly day to day use a bit of vtecing here and their and prolly a bit of light tracking,

Nuci
12-08-2010, 04:52 PM
As good as the kpro is, there is a newer alternative now that u can buy. The Haltech Platinum ECU is apparently more tuneable than the kpro, and about the same price. Was talking to a tuner and he recommended it as they use it on their DC5R race car and were very happy with it.

And id say that $1800 figure would be for the Mugen twinloop catback only, definately not the headers as well. Mugen parts are very exxy.

illuzi0nz
12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
can always buy the kpro second hand. and yeah, that price for the zorst would just be just catback.

edit: speaking of the devil, kpro just popped up on citr

r3ckless
12-08-2010, 06:23 PM
As good as the kpro is, there is a newer alternative now that u can buy. The Haltech Platinum ECU is apparently more tuneable than the kpro, and about the same price. Was talking to a tuner and he recommended it as they use it on their DC5R race car and were very happy with it.

I would still pay more an go kpro... at least with kpro, it has a much better resale value... WHY do u ask? cos kpro is ocmpatible with all k20, haltech is made for k20z i believe.

Zinyo
13-08-2010, 12:48 AM
u can always be patient and find bargains on second hand parts (most parts you have listed DO pop up from time to time). Save urself from paying $1800 for a "mugen" catback which gives very little gain for such a lot of money. Dont go brand new.

Prince_James
13-08-2010, 10:34 AM
u can always be patient and find bargains on second hand parts (most parts you have listed DO pop up from time to time). Save urself from paying $1800 for a "mugen" catback which gives very little gain for such a lot of money. Dont go brand new.
Would u recommend any other exhaust system other than the mugen ... I want something that sounds the goods but isnt too loud or drony but gives good gains as well ...
For instance would u recommend lets say a xforce system ?
What about buddy club are they pricey as well ? I heard they were loud?

type_AHH
13-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Would u recommend any other exhaust system other than the mugen ... I want something that sounds the goods but isnt too loud or drony but gives good gains as well ...

Can go wrong with Fujitsubo =). I know you've considered the RM01A, but if you want a Fujitsubo thats a little louder than RM01A and sounds nice also, the Powergetter is the go. They're both around $1350-$1450 pending on exchange rate (or at least thats what I've been quoted).

Buddyclub spec III is obnoxiously loooooooooud imo, lol. Mate used to have one (now changed to TODA catback hehe)

WATAJK
13-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Ive got X-Force system (Catback to Cannon) Fantastic Exhaust System can't go wrong no lies!!
Feels great, sounds great and much less restrictive.. Can't go wrong with the price either

type_AHH
13-08-2010, 09:15 PM

The only problem is since such parts are so sought after, you have to keep your eye on the for sale threads very, very constantly. Blink and you'll miss these bargain second hand parts lol

Prince_James
14-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Can go wrong with Fujitsubo =). I know you've considered the RM01A, but if you want a Fujitsubo thats a little louder than RM01A and sounds nice also, the Powergetter is the go. They're both around $1350-$1450 pending on exchange rate (or at least thats what I've been quoted).

Buddyclub spec III is obnoxiously loooooooooud imo, lol. Mate used to have one (now changed to TODA catback hehe)
I have decided to go fujitsubo the only decision i need to make now is either to get the RM01A or the Powergetter ... is there any particular reason to choose one over the other ? i want something with decent gains in performance and also sounds the part but not too loud to attract too much cop attention as i am still on p plates =D

Prince_James
14-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Ive got X-Force system (Catback to Cannon) Fantastic Exhaust System can't go wrong no lies!!
Feels great, sounds great and much less restrictive.. Can't go wrong with the price either

how much does a X Force system cost ? and does it provide good gains ? lasts of all how does it fair up to the Fujitsubo system ? cheers

illuzi0nz
14-08-2010, 01:45 PM
the powegetter fits your description. ive heard the rm01a, and even with headers, its still pretty quiet.

WATAJK
14-08-2010, 03:21 PM
how much does a X Force system cost ? and does it provide good gains ? lasts of all how does it fair up to the Fujitsubo system ? cheers

i paid $800, 5 year gurantee on the part and workmanship (stainless Steel) I can recommend this block, his on the northern side of town..
I haven't seen dyno's of it but compared to OEM, it does give gains.. Car does feel alot better aswell cause as i said, it's not as restricting PLUS it's not as loud as you may think..
I'd grab a video for you but my car is currently getting fixed lol
Please also remember... its not really your catback that gives your gains... it's the choice of header..

Your header gives more noticeable gains then what your exhaust does to let you know.

Prince_James
14-08-2010, 09:46 PM
i paid $800, 5 year gurantee on the part and workmanship (stainless Steel) I can recommend this block, his on the northern side of town..
I haven't seen dyno's of it but compared to OEM, it does give gains.. Car does feel alot better aswell cause as i said, it's not as restricting PLUS it's not as loud as you may think..
I'd grab a video for you but my car is currently getting fixed lol
Please also remember... its not really your catback that gives your gains... it's the choice of header..

Your header gives more noticeable gains then what your exhaust does to let you know.

mmm i am prolly looking at getting Injen CAI and Toda headers just trying to work out what to do for exhaust now and i wanna get high flow cat soo yer
would u mind posting a vid of ur car with the X Force after its fixed ? that would be a great help
cheers :)

WATAJK
14-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah sure no worries mate :)

Zinyo
15-08-2010, 11:41 AM

Well, FGK/RM01A/HKS Silent Hi-Power would be a good choice judging from your preference. I don't know much about XForce, but judging from the first hand experience/feedback from WATAJK; it seems to be another alternative you can look into. Join Clubitr and have a look at some of the parts there; as there are more DC5 parts on sale there; and once you get to know some of the guys from there, you can even get first dibs on parts if it does go on sale lol. IMO go with headers first, then a catback to suit. or a rear sway bar if your car is stock. feel more of a diff.

Prince_James
16-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, FGK/RM01A/HKS Silent Hi-Power would be a good choice judging from your preference. I don't know much about XForce, but judging from the first hand experience/feedback from WATAJK; it seems to be another alternative you can look into. Join Clubitr and have a look at some of the parts there; as there are more DC5 parts on sale there; and once you get to know some of the guys from there, you can even get first dibs on parts if it does go on sale lol. IMO go with headers first, then a catback to suit. or a rear sway bar if your car is stock. feel more of a diff.

thankss for the pointers mate, sorry noob question if i wanted to buy something like the exhaust and want it brand new where bouts can i get it i know of websites such as nengun and stuff who ship it from over seas but are their any other websites such as jdm yard or places i can go ? i figured that a good exhaust would set me back about $1500 + then CAI would be about $500 how much do headers cost i was thinking TODA headers or maybe spoon 4-2-1 but im still noob with headers any suggestions there ?
cheers

type_AHH
16-08-2010, 08:17 PM
PM'ing Adrian at Toda, the headers and cat will set you back $1775 and $650 respectively (DC5R). Lots of $$$$, but you get what you pay for =)

Prince_James
16-08-2010, 10:56 PM
PM'ing Adrian at Toda, the headers and cat will set you back $1775 and $650 respectively (DC5R). Lots of $$$$, but you get what you pay for =)

cheers for that mate so if i wanted to get the mods i wanted to do it will be
$1775 TODA headers
$650 Cat
$1500 Powergetter or RM01A not sure yet
$500 Injen CAI
Kpro = $???
Tein SS coilovers $1800
so it should be about $5700 all up without K pro ( gonna purchase one at a time xP not that loaded )

quangsuke
16-08-2010, 11:16 PM
5.7 for just that setup?
think your going too much on the big brands. but its really up to you.

take your time and dont rush with your car. have u considered a turbo on a k-series ?
i know your on p's but later down the track.
but if ur serious abt that list go the COILOVERS FIRST
goodluck

illuzi0nz
16-08-2010, 11:19 PM
theres an injen cai going for 450ono, if you're located in melbourne.
http://firesport.com.au/injen-cai-for-dc5rs-brand-new-turbo-boost--ad161046.htm

type_AHH
16-08-2010, 11:34 PM
theres an injen cai going for 450ono, if you're located in melbourne.
http://firesport.com.au/injen-cai-for-dc5rs-brand-new-turbo-boost--ad161046.htm

It's my ad lol :wave:

I cant say anything about it here because of my newcomer status and will get infracted again LOL

Prince_James
17-08-2010, 12:12 AM
5.7 for just that setup?
think your going too much on the big brands. but its really up to you.

take your time and dont rush with your car. have u considered a turbo on a k-series ?
i know your on p's but later down the track.
but if ur serious abt that list go the COILOVERS FIRST
goodluck

Its just an idea for now as i am still trying to work out what i want to put on the car and what parts to use ... Still learning hehe
As for turboing a k20 since its a front wheel drive car wouldnt there be alot of tug at the steering wheel ? But i dont think i will go down that road =S yerr since its gonna be my first car i wanna go handling before performance so def be going the coilovers first :D

Prince_James
17-08-2010, 12:15 AM
It's my ad lol :wave:

I cant say anything about it here because of my newcomer status and will get infracted again LOL

Thanks for the offer mate but truth be told havent purchased the car yet xP i just wanna know as much about the car as possible before i own one :D and im located in sydney too gluck with the sale though and thanks for the help before with the headers and things much appreciated

SpoonS
19-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Its just an idea for now as i am still trying to work out what i want to put on the car and what parts to use ... Still learning hehe
As for turboing a k20 since its a front wheel drive car wouldnt there be alot of tug at the steering wheel ? But i dont think i will go down that road =S yerr since its gonna be my first car i wanna go handling before performance so def be going the coilovers first :D

Smart move :)

Prince_James
19-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Smart move :)

Haha thanks :D

r3ckless
19-08-2010, 02:35 PM
ii really like my spoon n1 exhaust.. its tip is smaller than the OEM type s.. but my gosh for a tiny tiny exhaust it is loud.. 107db .. but yeah its real good.

Prince_James
19-08-2010, 03:18 PM
ii really like my spoon n1 exhaust.. its tip is smaller than the OEM type s.. but my gosh for a tiny tiny exhaust it is loud.. 107db .. but yeah its real good.

i thought about getting a spoon n1 as it is much cheaper and does allow the vtec scream to be heard much better but just cop attention would be a pain expecially with a DC5R on green P s xP

Zinyo
19-08-2010, 06:36 PM
spoon n1 is louddd...2 of my friend has it on their 5r and basically hates starting the car in the early hours, at night or basically whenever you want to be ninja quiet...as for coilover; yeh do that first if you have the $.

Prince_James
19-08-2010, 06:45 PM
spoon n1 is louddd...2 of my friend has it on their 5r and basically hates starting the car in the early hours, at night or basically whenever you want to be ninja quiet...as for coilover; yeh do that first if you have the $.

Mmm yerr thats why i am sticking away from it hehe ... but like as for mods ( besides sound system and some 6000k or 8000k headlights ) def gonna go coilovers tein super streets most likely ... then prolly go the exhaust and intake then headers and high flow cat ( unless the car already comes with some of these parts fitted ) which would be nice save me a bit of money :)