PDA

View Full Version : Carby to EFI

Temp3st
12-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I know the question has been asked before, but ive searched and ive only found one thread but that doesnt relate to me. Im looking at buying a GL EG, and i want to know whats needed for the swap to EFI. I was originally looking for an EFI EG to start off with, but atm they are scarce and the few that are for sale are all in below average condition. Any info would be greatly appreciated cheers guys!

quangsuke
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I dont know how this thread is different to all the previous ones but this is what you need

need right hand side wiring loom
fuel tank
fuel pump
fuel lines

new motor (COMPLETE)
ecu
driveshafts
etc

best way is to get a donor car for a conversion other then that KEEP LOOKING FOR A EFI

patto14
12-08-2010, 03:25 PM
you dont need a hole right hand side wiring loom can just get the fuel pump and shit wired up separate it not to hard

Temp3st
12-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I dont know how this thread is different to all the previous ones but this is what you need

need right hand side wiring loom
fuel tank
fuel pump
fuel lines

new motor (COMPLETE)
ecu
driveshafts
etc

best way is to get a donor car for a conversion other then that KEEP LOOKING FOR A EFI

Thanks for all the info man. I cant really keep looking cause when my car sells if there are no decent efi EGs I'm screwed cause ill have about a week where i can choose a car after that thats it :(

RandyRhydah
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
or just buy a cxi.

Temp3st
12-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Haha come on Roy I want an eg you know that! You never msged back today you bastard :P