PDA

View Full Version : dc2r cluster speed error

moey
12-08-2010, 10:13 PM
hey guys this seems very weird to me but maybe some of you guys have came across this problem

i installed a dc2r cluster in my vti-r now the fuel gauge is still under the E mark but ino you have to swap the fuel gauge wires around but havnt gotten around to it yet

but the real problem, if it is a problem or fault is that ill be sitting on 60kmz for e.g but really im onli doing 50kms i noticed as im going past speed cameras people are passing me so one day i was driving near a mate and he was doing 60 and i was doing 70 how does that work lol

any help would be appreciated

Super-DA9
13-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Hmmm I don't know much about electronic speedometers, but if it measures the speed from the final drive maybe the type R has a different ratio..? just a wild guess. forgive me if I'm totally wrong haha.

moey
16-08-2010, 10:00 PM
lol its alright atleast your giving me a idea
its just that i havnt heard of a type r cluster conversion which reads the kilometers wrong just got me really confused about what it could be

has anyone else had a problem similar to this

squishy
17-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I think you need your speedo calibrated. Pretty sure bob jane does speedo calibration.

Night Speed
17-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I found a old post that could help:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?103192-DC2R-Cluster-in-a-GSI-or-VTIR

For the speed problem, there maybe two possible issue:
1. The VSS signal is split off after the sensor, one goes to the ecu and one goes to the cluster. The ECU doesn't change the signal to the cluster.

2. Your transmission ratio is different to ITR (the final ratio is 4.4 compare to 4.7), it may affect the output of your speed meter.

Hope can help :)

Mission
17-08-2010, 02:33 PM
hey guys this seems very weird to me but maybe some of you guys have came across this problem

i installed a dc2r cluster in my vti-r now the fuel gauge is still under the E mark but ino you have to swap the fuel gauge wires around but havnt gotten around to it yet

but the real problem, if it is a problem or fault is that ill be sitting on 60kmz for e.g but really im onli doing 50kms i noticed as im going past speed cameras people are passing me so one day i was driving near a mate and he was doing 60 and i was doing 70 how does that work lol

any help would be appreciated

Here is a link to someone with a similar problem and all they did was swap over the green circuit board on the back and is seemed to have fixed the issue.

http://www.winnipegheights.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207301

Might not be the only solution, but worth a shot.

Let me know how you go.

moey
18-08-2010, 04:56 PM
hey thanks for the suggestions guys will deffently try going to bob jane see how it goes if not ill just take the green circuit board lyk mission said

thanks again guys will get bak to yous :)

moey
04-09-2010, 03:25 PM
hey guys well i changed the back green circuit from my dc2 to the dc2r cluster still the speed reads 10kz over the actual speed

is there some sort of speedo calibration that can be done or something?