PDA

View Full Version : Project B18c-EG4

Jono Civic
13-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi all, Well im gonna start my project car once Ive moved into our new house. Planning on doing a build thread. Plan is to do the full deal, interior, body, and engine. The lot basically. I would like to put a B18C into my 92 civic eg4 hatch. At he moment everything is stock standard apart from stereo. So i imagine its gonna be quite a bit of work but im more then ready for it.

I was just wondering is it better to buy a half cut or but everything on its know. I have got a rough quote on a half cut, comes with all four hubs (5 spoke), ECU, Engine loom, basically everything I need (I think). For about 6grand. Is it worth it or is it cheaper to buy it on it know. And where do you get the parts I live in Perth? (any links would be great)

Also is there anything to watch out for when doing the conversion and any little hidden things I need to know. any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jono

quangsuke
13-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Best advice, Plan out exactly what you want.
5 stud wheels are cool but rims are harder to come by for 15"

6 grand isn't too bad for a half cut, but your getting 5 stud conversion which means brake upgrade.

set out a budget and go from there. stick to a plan and no headaches. goodluck buddy.
should list exactly what you want so we get a good idea of what to expect.

p.s. photos of current ride =D

WA-EG
13-08-2010, 12:43 PM
you could buy my EG4 already converted to B18 with brake upgrade 4 stud, multi stud rims and exhaust already done. :-)

ninzee
13-08-2010, 01:37 PM
you could buy my EG4 already converted to B18 with brake upgrade 4 stud, multi stud rims and exhaust already done. :-)

half the fun is building the car

Jono Civic
14-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Cheers guys.... Yeah not really looking to buy a car... Ive already got two cars... a 4wd for work and every day and then the civic as the project car. So i would like to do all the work myself with mates from work... Im an 1st year apprentice car technician.

Well what im after is a full road legal EG4 with a b18c.. Something that I can drive to a track day, for some fun and then drive it to the shops. I went KYP (importers) in perth and they said most people go with 5 studs as you can run the type R wheels and stuff. and currently my car is 5 studs.... I have been told that once I do the engine swap I need to take it over the pits and the first thing they ask is if you have upgraded the brake. More powerful engine needs better brakes, I guess that's there theory behind it. This is only what ive been told by a mate.

What im after now is things to improve handling. so Sway bars, Strut Bars, shocks and coilovers. So this brings me to the next question haha. What would you recommend??? Then after ive sorted the interior and handling out im going to tackle the motor.

Thanks and pics are below! as you can see totally stock apart from rims
Jono

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/59/l_6b512f588994481fb2da6c9d7686e476.jpg
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/56/l_3125f5fa0b2645869c411de7607f958b.jpg

pablos8
14-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Your intentions sound similar to quangs :)

He went for sussy first then motor afterwards. He's got a build thread on here, check it out you should like what you find :)

quangsuke
14-08-2010, 11:27 PM
What im after now is things to improve handling. so Sway bars, Strut Bars, shocks and coilovers. So this brings me to the next question haha. What would you recommend??? Then after ive sorted the interior and handling out im going to tackle the motor.

Thanks and pics are below! as you can see totally stock apart from rims
Jono

Well the possibility is limitless for eg sussy.
best bang for buck upgrade for handling would be your suspension. Shock combos can work just as good as coilovers. Heaps of options out there. Just make sure u get a height and damper adjustable.

sways, best to try get it off the ITR. My theory is, work from the bottom up. Suspension, sways, struts, pillars hope that helps.

just do your research into what your after and make a list of what u want to do first.
q

Your intentions sound similar to quangs :)

He went for sussy first then motor afterwards. He's got a build thread on here, check it out you should like what you find :)

thanks for that pabs =D

Jono Civic
14-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks for that quangsuke... Where do you order your stuff though? Ive found it hard to source parts.