PDA

View Full Version : Amp Placement

jay-bee'z
01-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey all..need some advice on where to put an amp in my integra.

If everyone could reply and say where they put theirs, that would be great.?

The following things i've considered is:

-Under the passanger seat
-On back side of the rear seats (in the boot side)
-Bolt amp to the sub box

My goal is to try and install it with minimal drilling/screwing into the car.

Currently leaning between /The rear of the back seats (which dosen't seem to sturdy, and then i'd have to drill into the seats through the carpet etc.) or /Onto the sub box, but the guy at the shop recommedended I not do that?, It wouldn't change the sound or harness the quality of anything of the sub would it?

What do you guys think, what would you do in my shoes? (considering im anal about drilling into the car)

bungsai
01-01-2005, 08:58 PM
i installed mine on the back of my back left(passenger) seat

just make sure the 4 holes u drill are all on metal and screw the amp in through the carpet. Looks good, and you dont need to worry about overheating and stuff...

i also ran the cables though the seats and cut slits for them in the back carpet next to the terminals. Looks very clean, as almost all wiring is hidden untill right next to the amp.

vtc
01-01-2005, 09:05 PM
bolt the amp onto the box, that way if you take the sub out the amp can come out too.

Dont put it under the seat. They will overheat.. Also depends how many amps and how much power you running

jay-bee'z
01-01-2005, 09:18 PM
yeah theres no problem with puttin it on the box is there? won't rattle the electronics of the amp, or anything will it?...just the 1 amp

urtwhistle
01-01-2005, 11:42 PM
only difference in this pic to how it is today. is that i have a big door with perspex windows that folds down covering the amps and protects the amps from being hit or overheating. whil;e still letting u see em.http://members.iinet.net.au/~urty/camera/istjune%20carpics/P1010004.JPG

lerroy
02-01-2005, 06:54 AM
I had my Amp under Drivers seat for a while, when i bought the car, all the wiring was under there so that was easy. But ppl would always kick it, and wires came loose lots of hassle.

I Then replaced all new cables, and moved it to boot, Screwed it to the backs of the seats, the screws would eventually come loose i used washers and all (talking months) so i put wood onto the metal sandwiched tol hold better then the amp....worked ok no porbs

BUT now i have put a false floor in and the amps are under perspex :)

Its really up to you, Back of the seat is easier, small amp even under the passenger/driver seat

I have never had any probs overheating 4x100 watt amp / 600 watt mono
And you shouldnt have any problems mounting it to the sub box

jay-bee'z
02-01-2005, 08:31 AM
excellent, thanks for the help & replies so far guys.

its still a close race between -amp on box vs: rear of the back seat-

BlakTegra
02-01-2005, 03:11 PM
I can think of few reasons why you shouldn't bolt the amp onto the sub box.

1. Read somewhere that the electronics internally could get damaged due to the thumping and vibrations of the subwoofer.

2. If the sub gets stolen, the amp would too at the same time.

3. If ur amp dies due to point number 1, you have to remove the amp which will leave wholes in the box.

4. Sometimes it's harder to configure the amp while its bolted on the box. Whereas if the amp is on the back seat, all you have to do is pop the back seat forward instead of having to sqivel the box to a position where you can see.

5. With ur sitting in the back seat of the car makes it easier to access and adjust the sound cuz ur situated closer to the listening position instead of the boot.

umm...thats about all i can think of atm... :p

jay-bee'z
02-01-2005, 03:19 PM
^ wow, nah thats good, you've helped me make my decision...back seat it is, thanks alot (y)

lerroy
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Most amps are made alot better then before i dont think you should have a problem with it breaking cars that make over 169db dont have the problem i dont think you will

Most ppl would also steal the amp as well ( not me i dont steal) but stealing scum ppl

but i agree back seat it best :)