PDA

View Full Version : advice on speakers please =D

kousoku
01-01-2005, 11:51 PM
hey guys,
i went to jb hi-fi the other day where i purchased a sony head unit. =D sorry to those who dislike sony. i was very happy witht eh people at nb hifi, and ended up getting a 89 dollar discount on an already discounted product. so thank you to those who gave the advice of haggling, and actualyl going there =D...

now the question is.

i have about 1 grand to spend on speakers + amp....
as u can see i have a integra,
... basically the guide lines are:

i am not really looking out for a sub at the moment, but instead maybe 6X9's for the moment..

what would you guys recommend for around that price and configurations?!!?

thank you so much for the help which i am anticipating to recieve.

joneblaze
02-01-2005, 12:16 AM
http://forums.fastfours.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=57805&sid=f737e661782a9db6f37a3f2863b248bd

www.fhrxstudios.com

Read. :)

kousoku
02-01-2005, 12:31 AM
hey thank you for the link.
unfortunalty doesn;t help me all that much.

all i wont is just.

tell me if i need an amp...
what size for front,
size for back,
brands.
thats it...... =D sorry, cause i already have source unit, so yea. =D thank you though joneblaze

lengjaiboy
02-01-2005, 05:01 AM
I got myself a coustic amp.. and for the money.. i dont think u can do much betta..

BlakTegra
02-01-2005, 11:38 AM
I also had a '98 Integra and I had a pair of Alpine 6.5" split upfront which were powered by a 2 channel amp. Because of the 6.5inch splits, i had to buy MDF spaces otherwise they would just pretty much bolt straight in.

In the back, had 6inch coaxials running off the headunit. Why 6inch? Cuz they just fit in the side speaker factory location perfectly without any modifications. But if you opt for the 6x9s, then you would have to modify ur parcel shelf...

If you are definite about a sub, then I would recommonend that you just get 6inch into the rear as the sub will produce all the low bass once installed, and still leaving ur car looking stock - less attention to theives.

Front splits ~$310
Rear speakers ~$190
2ch or 4ch amp ~$350+ (depending on budget and if you wanna power ur rears)
Amp kit ~$150
-------------------
Total ~$1,000
-------------------

But if you want good sound quality, expect to pay alot more.
Hope this helps in any way.

GenV
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
If ur sure you dont want a sub, then maybe u should get 6x9s for the back. However its up to you if u want to modify your parcel shelf..
I got 6.5 inch focal splits which are great and they cost me $450.
If u go back to JB, u can get the JL splits for about 300 or so, and I hear that they're pretty good too.
Depends on wat ur lookin for really, if u just want it to be loud, then go pioneer or sony...if u want better quality sound, u'll be spending much more....