PDA

View Full Version : My New Euro

schonda
16-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi All,

I purchased a new Silver Honda Accord EURO Std 2004 for $15kwith the black trim interior and that silver coloured compartments very shiny (I prefer it over leather and woodgrain versions), it has 100k's on it and serviced 100% by a Honda ONE dealer, it's immaculate and the mechanic said to me his never felt a euro that performed as well as mine. I will post pics VERY SOON!!

I took it to the mechanic (F&E Mechanic) and did the following ($400 for the service):
1. oil changed to Royal Purple 5W-30 I think?
2. Auto trans flush and changed with genuine Honda fluid (ATF I think).
3. Power steeering flushed and changed with genuine honda power steering fluids
4. oil filter change

Next on my 110k service ill replace the spark plugs (forgot to do it, any spark plug recommendations?) with platinum iridiam ones, and change the oil filter + oil change - royal purple again (unless there is anything better?) I have been using Shell V power ever since I got it and it goes around 700km+ per tank

:thumbsup: What I like about the car:
1. after the service it idols at 600rpm previously 900rpm, very smooth
2. constant torque over the rev range very smooth
3. black interior, classy yet very reflective when the sun is out.
4. Great looking car, it's been detailed twice so far and turns eyes.

:thumbdwn: What I don't like about the car (and im comparing to my experience with my previous car a Honda Civic Vti-L 2008 model):

1. Power steering:, it seems heavier than the civic but its a heavier car so ill discount that. My problem is that before the servicing it made a hiss noise or felt like it was disconnecting from the wheels when i turn it slow, it does it a lot less now but sometimes still does it. Another point with the steering, over bumps the steering moves with the bump and when i break it moves left n right a bit...my civic never moved it stayed where it was....its a bit tiring to hold the steering in place all the time...my mechanic says its not that bad and says i need to do a wheel alignment however he said wheel alignments are not that effective for euro's but still....any suggestions?

2. Brakes? When the car stops lets say at traffic lights i can hear a little pssst psssst sound thats constant for 20 secs or so first i thought it was the cd changer but i turned it off, now i think its the steering or brakes as when i press the brake it makes a psssst sound as i push it sorry im not good at describing...one day i parked the car and turn the engine off yet left the the key in the ignition at half turn and the same pssst pssst pssst pssst sound came back....i dont have a clue about it?

3. The remote key: is not very responsive, I have to press the button hard sometimes to get the doors to unlock/lock however the car is relatively old i guess, can i get a new key?

4. I replaced the wiper blade with those Flexiblades from Supercheap, the passengers side of the blade sticks up to the point it blocks the nozzle shooting out the water, plus I can see the wipers from the inside of the car (not a very good look)...how much for genuine blades? Also the blades on the civic were made by Bosch I heard and look classy ive never seen genuine honda accord euro ones, what do they look like? After the mechanic put more water in the reserviour it squirted out above the blade so kinda stops now, i think i had too much rainx in there so was too thick, anyway, the new wipers shudder when not very wet now so its annoying...

5. Exhaust? If I press the accelerate VERY slowly it feels like the exhaust shakes a bit or the car as if the car were cold it doesnt happen ofter i only just noticed it today ONCE then it stopped.

6. Number Plate holder: the front of the car was bumped and repaired however there is this black plate behind the number plate that should be there so its just the number plate there, any ideas where i can get one?

7. Tire Noise: I have front Dunlop Tires, and back Bridgestone Turanza tires, the tire noise pointed out by both me and the mechanic says its too noisy, is it something to do with the tires, what are good grip yet quiet tires?

The car has no rattles or anything so its very solid and im very happy just wanna fix the above issues sorry for the LONG LONG thread i just wanted to cover all my basis thank you for any replies.

schonda
16-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Oh and sorry I forgot to ask, I couldnt find any carpet to fit in the euro esp. the drivers side tried autobarn n supercheap I guess i have to get genuine ones, how much are they and which dealer sells them in syd the cheapest?

blueblood
17-08-2010, 03:28 AM
pics mate

djpro1
17-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi All,

I purchased a new Silver Honda Accord EURO Std 2004 for $15kwith the black trim interior and that silver coloured compartments very shiny (I prefer it over leather and woodgrain versions), it has 100k's on it and serviced 100% by a Honda ONE dealer, it's immaculate and the mechanic said to me his never felt a euro that performed as well as mine. I will post pics VERY SOON!!

I took it to the mechanic (F&E Mechanic) and did the following ($400 for the service):
1. oil changed to Royal Purple 5W-30 I think?
2. Auto trans flush and changed with genuine Honda fluid (ATF I think).
3. Power steeering flushed and changed with genuine honda power steering fluids
4. oil filter change

Next on my 110k service ill replace the spark plugs (forgot to do it, any spark plug recommendations?) with platinum iridiam ones, and change the oil filter + oil change - royal purple again (unless there is anything better?) I have been using Shell V power ever since I got it and it goes around 700km+ per tank

:thumbsup: What I like about the car:
1. after the service it idols at 600rpm previously 900rpm, very smooth
2. constant torque over the rev range very smooth
3. black interior, classy yet very reflective when the sun is out.
4. Great looking car, it's been detailed twice so far and turns eyes.

:thumbdwn: What I don't like about the car (and im comparing to my experience with my previous car a Honda Civic Vti-L 2008 model):

1. Power steering:, it seems heavier than the civic but its a heavier car so ill discount that. My problem is that before the servicing it made a hiss noise or felt like it was disconnecting from the wheels when i turn it slow, it does it a lot less now but sometimes still does it. Another point with the steering, over bumps the steering moves with the bump and when i break it moves left n right a bit...my civic never moved it stayed where it was....its a bit tiring to hold the steering in place all the time...my mechanic says its not that bad and says i need to do a wheel alignment however he said wheel alignments are not that effective for euro's but still....any suggestions?

2. Brakes? When the car stops lets say at traffic lights i can hear a little pssst psssst sound thats constant for 20 secs or so first i thought it was the cd changer but i turned it off, now i think its the steering or brakes as when i press the brake it makes a psssst sound as i push it sorry im not good at describing...one day i parked the car and turn the engine off yet left the the key in the ignition at half turn and the same pssst pssst pssst pssst sound came back....i dont have a clue about it?

3. The remote key: is not very responsive, I have to press the button hard sometimes to get the doors to unlock/lock however the car is relatively old i guess, can i get a new key?

4. I replaced the wiper blade with those Flexiblades from Supercheap, the passengers side of the blade sticks up to the point it blocks the nozzle shooting out the water, plus I can see the wipers from the inside of the car (not a very good look)...how much for genuine blades? Also the blades on the civic were made by Bosch I heard and look classy ive never seen genuine honda accord euro ones, what do they look like? After the mechanic put more water in the reserviour it squirted out above the blade so kinda stops now, i think i had too much rainx in there so was too thick, anyway, the new wipers shudder when not very wet now so its annoying...

5. Exhaust? If I press the accelerate VERY slowly it feels like the exhaust shakes a bit or the car as if the car were cold it doesnt happen ofter i only just noticed it today ONCE then it stopped.

6. Number Plate holder: the front of the car was bumped and repaired however there is this black plate behind the number plate that should be there so its just the number plate there, any ideas where i can get one?

7. Tire Noise: I have front Dunlop Tires, and back Bridgestone Turanza tires, the tire noise pointed out by both me and the mechanic says its too noisy, is it something to do with the tires, what are good grip yet quiet tires?

The car has no rattles or anything so its very solid and im very happy just wanna fix the above issues sorry for the LONG LONG thread i just wanted to cover all my basis thank you for any replies.

Hey there, I noticed some of those issues you pointed out above with my car also.

1. Power steering - I've got 17" Luxury CU2 wheels on my CL9 on low profile tyres. This is why my steering wheel moves a lot going over even the smallest bumps. At first you might get tired from holding ur steering wheel so hard. A wheel alignment isn't the issue here usually.. Try a tyre rotation as that might help a little with it..

2. Brakes - Haven't had this problem yet

3. Remote key - I have one key which isn't too responsive. I believe its the battery inside the key that needs replacement.

4. Get genuine ones from Honda. They're inexpensive and they wont give you that crappy sound!

5. Exhaust - you can actually try fixing this urself. As cars operate, the exhaust can bend and move around. Just try pressing down on the dual outlets and aligning them properly yourself. Doesn't seem to be a big issue though..

6. Number plate - many cars have this and I must admit it looks very ugly! Go for the Euro number plates (i got the white and blue NSW one for my silver euro)

7. Tyres - Do you know how much tread you have left on it? Perhaps its time to change your tyres or if you have aftermarket wheels on them, that could be the issue?

by-life
18-08-2010, 05:09 PM
HI, for the floor mat, Honda genuine is very expensive around $200. U can try Supercheap auto, because they provide custom order, normally half price of dealer. The mat from factory named 'Roadgear' which is based in VIC.

idsearcher
18-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi mate, I think it's probably age or luck. I just got a Jan 07 Euro Luxury, 60000 kms, $22K and have absolutely no problems at all. I've had it for a week now. I think I got lucky, the previous owners have taken amazing care with it.