PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! fuel pump

SEPSIR
17-08-2010, 08:47 PM
holla guys

i have an EG6 with DC2R engine
the car doesnt want to run...it starts up and dies
i am 90% sure its the fuel pump (stock) not working as i cant hear it when ignition is on
i am looking for a Bosch pump as its not much difference in pricing as OEM part
which part would suit my car?

toNy

ECU-MAN
18-08-2010, 02:50 PM
start with the PGMFI relay

look for the DIY in the DIY section here

jdm_b16a
19-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I have an EG6 with DC2R engine
the car doesn't want to run...it starts up and dies
i am 90% sure its the fuel pump (stock) not working as i cant hear it when ignition is on
i am looking for a Bosch pump as its not much difference in pricing as OEM part
which part would suit my car?

OK. First of all, you say the car starts up and then dies. If you turn the key to ON you should hear the fuel pump whirr for two seconds. If you don't, then I'm not sure how the car starts.

For combustion to occur, you need spark and fuel, irrespective of what motor you have in whatever car.

To check the fuel pump, first do as ECUMAN suggests and check the EFI Main Relay under the dash on the driver's side. Alternatively you can check the fuel pump for mechanical operation by finding the two wires to it (BLK for Earth and GRN/YLW for PWR) and applying a good battery charge to it. You should hear it pick up fuel if it's OK. If not, replace the pump.

If the pump operates then you have an electrical issue. Again check the Main Relay, and all the fuses under the dash and in the fusebox in the engine bay (passenger side).

My advice is stick to the OEM pump. The BOSCH won't help you in your current problem (unless of course your pump has died - which is rare).

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Peter

SEPSIR
19-08-2010, 06:28 PM
thanks for the info
i have towed the car to mechanics
i will tell you the result

toNy

SEPSIR
20-08-2010, 09:06 PM
yep...like i said
it was the fuel pump
i ask them to get me a bosch 040 but was too big so just put OEM pump