PDA

View Full Version : CD5 Headunit problem

stoodamire
18-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Hey guys!

Was playing around with the inside of cigarette lighter (where the actual 12v thing is..or whatever it's called) because it wasn't actually working and i wasn't sure if there was something inside it blocking it, so i was poking my finger in it whilst the car was on, there all of a sudden the stock headunit turns off.

I tried turning back on, but no cigar...the lights on the headunit still work, the alarm light still flashes, i ejected the CD, that still worked...but it won't turn on...

Any answers as to why that might be? Fuse?

Thanks!

grifty
18-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey guys!

Was playing around with the inside of cigarette lighter (where the actual 12v thing is..or whatever it's called) because it wasn't actually working and i wasn't sure if there was something inside it blocking it, so i was poking my finger in it whilst the car was on, there all of a sudden the stock headunit turns off.

I tried turning back on, but no cigar...the lights on the headunit still work, the alarm light still flashes, i ejected the CD, that still worked...but it won't turn on...

Any answers as to why that might be? Fuse?

Thanks!

pretty sure you blew a fuse, check your interior fuse box.

butter
18-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm taking a stab in the dark, but if its a stock head unit - could it have been that you shorted it and locked it with the security code? That requires you to go to the honda dealership to get the unlock code?

Its strange how the lights are still on but it doesn't play. Is that what you mean by it doesn't 'turn on'? radio / cassette / cd player still work? Can you hear beeps when you press all the buttons?

stoodamire
18-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Nah, it doesn't turn on period, like i'll push the button and nothing happens, that little red light will flash like usual when the headunit or car is turned off and all the green lights still work, i just can't turn it bloody thing on...arghh

xenonkuraz
20-08-2010, 08:59 PM
check the fuse

stoodamire
21-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,

thanks for the replies, turns out it was a simple fuse!