PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swap / Air Con Swap DC->EG

Vtecyo
19-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Hey guys.
Im doing a B18c2 swap from my old Teg into a GLi EG hatch.

Im looking to keep the air con in the car. I plan on keeping the AC pump on the motor and just connect it up to the EG condenser and use the EG fan box ( keep everything in the EG dash)

Reseal the system with some new o-rings maybe. And get it flushed and refilled it should work?

I can see the DC2 condencer is way bigger then the civic's.... like double the size.

Will this be an issue? Anyone done this ?

Thanks in Advance :D

Vtecyo
22-08-2010, 11:45 AM
anyone?

defect
22-08-2010, 11:56 AM
u need a different bracket if you want to use D series ac parts.
I have the bracket for sale if you're interested.

ECU-MAN
24-08-2010, 09:23 AM
use the EG condensor

you will have to get the EG ac lines modified to fit with the correct angle. they cut the aluminum and re weld it near the bit that mates to the compressor

defect
25-08-2010, 07:20 PM
b18 should be fine? I used all d16 ac parts for my swap. the lines just fit, it was tight and you just gotta remove a few brackets that are holding the lines

VTec1987
26-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Nice and simple solution to keep ur EG AC unit on ur b series motor.

use EG ac lines, condensor and compressor and get your self a b20( crv) AC bracket. WIth that bracket u can mount it on ur b series motor and use ur current d series compressor.

if you need help pm, i can also supply bracket

Vtecyo
04-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all the advice fellas :D
My main question was weather I can use the B series conpressers on the smaller EG condenser. Wasnt sure if it would provide too much presure and blow up the condenser or somthing. But it sounds like you guys recons it will work.
I think ill have a go at tring to fit the EG lines on the B series compresser.

If not I might send you a PM 'Defect' or VTec1987' for a bracket. Thanks for the offer :)

Cheers guys.
Ill let u know how I go.