PDA

View Full Version : Jazz HU install pictures

Kit
02-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I have completed the Double DIN conversion and HY installation for Jazz.

I had to snip the wires as there wasn't any harness that fitted the jazz plug. Thanks to dC for the wiring tips, this went smoothly.

some pics below:

This is what i did about the stock rectangular Antenna plug. I bought a pin plug from Jaycar for $2. Bought some wire, and then spliced it into the stock antenna wire, and taped it up. Then plugged the pin plug into my aftermarket headunit.
http://home.exetel.com.au/c.ho/jazz/antenna.jpg

This is what I did for the single DIN pocket. I went to Strathfield car radios and bought a "Turbo pocket". It was actually for nissan and toyota, but it still fit. Only 1 screw is used on each side to secure the pocket, but as the pocket is under the headunit, there is no movement in it.

There were a few faceplates that came with the pocket that i could put onto the front of the pocket. The biggest faceplate didn't fit, the medium sized one would fit but would require some sanding of the top edge. I fitted the smallest faceplate, but there is a slight gap along the sides, but it doesnt bother me, cos its not obvious.
http://home.exetel.com.au/c.ho/jazz/HU1.jpg

http://home.exetel.com.au/c.ho/jazz/HU2.jpg

This is the finished product:
http://home.exetel.com.au/c.ho/jazz/HU3.jpg

Kit
02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Just one more thing. I dropped one of the screws down the centre console chute, and couldnt locate it.

In a previous thread, dc wrote this: "if u wanna find that screw that fell into the centre console....take her round the block and give her hell then itll magically appear in one of the footwells"

well, I took the car out, started swerving left and right for about 5 mins, came back into the garage.. suprise suprise.. the screw was in the passenger footwell!!!!!!

This trick really works! thanks again to dc for that tip!

bigdongers
03-01-2005, 03:04 PM
where did you get the double din console unit and how much was it?

EK9
03-01-2005, 03:31 PM
damn that looks good :thumbsup:

maybe u can do a diy writeup ??? :D

TypeG
03-01-2005, 05:00 PM
this is good you can solve the antena plug problem.
seems like I have to rewire again

Kit
03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
where did you get the double din console unit and how much was it?
I got the double din console from Tanghy, it cost around $90 from memory.

Kit
03-01-2005, 08:29 PM
damn that looks good :thumbsup:

maybe u can do a diy writeup ??? :D
I was going to do the writeup, and i even had a few pics taken, but I did the conversion over two nights

Night 1 was when I took it all apart, and got the sh!ts cos the harness I got didn't fit. And that was when I decided I wouldn't do the writeup anymore hehehe

Night 2 is when I got the wiring colours from dc and completed the install.

So basically in short, I don't have enough pictures to do the writeup. :D

TypeG
03-01-2005, 08:55 PM
have u change the interioor lights as well?

EK9
03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
So basically in short, I don't have enough pictures to do the writeup. :DYou don't really need alot of pics to do a writeup, wot u got seems like enuff to me ;) If there is interest among Jazz drivers, it'll be a good resource... :thumbsup:

Kit
03-01-2005, 10:48 PM
have u change the interioor lights as well?
Yes, both the middle cabin light and forward cabin lights have been changed.
If you are referring to the lights that illuminate the Air Con buttons, I actually pulled one out when I was doing the console change.

The colour of the lights are determined by a sleeve. That is, inside the Jazz dash the lightbulbs have an orange sleeve over it.

You just change the sleeve and you will have a different illumination colour. You can get the sleeves at Autobarn. Last time I was there, I saw blue, red, orange and green sleeves available.

Kit
03-01-2005, 10:50 PM
You don't really need alot of pics to do a writeup, wot u got seems like enuff to me ;) If there is interest among Jazz drivers, it'll be a good resource... :thumbsup:
Can you move my Jazz speaker install thread to the Articles forum?

I'll do a writeup of the headunit install when I have a bit of time. Its a fairly lengthy process.

[stealth]
03-01-2005, 11:42 PM
looking nice...

wd! :)

toE
04-01-2005, 01:03 AM
What hu is that?
Looks nice. :)

Kit
04-01-2005, 01:22 AM
What hu is that?
Looks nice. :)
Its a Pioneer 8650MP.
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertainment/cdtuners/dehp8650mp/index.html

when i got it, i was amazed at the finish of it.. the black brushed aluminium look is just really really nice, and matches the car very well :D

the colour display is only 3 colours though, so doesn't really look that special.

toE
04-01-2005, 04:10 AM
ahhh...for a sec there i thought it was the Clarion HX-D2! :(

laugerry
24-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Very nicely done.

Would u by any chance have the address and contact no. of Tanghy? I would like to get the Double din Console.

I am in Perth.

Thank you very much

crazyray
24-01-2005, 01:00 PM
looks nice dude!

never thoguht it could be done in a jazz!

but looks sweet, a write up would be nice!
as my gf car wants a different HU

crazyray
12-02-2005, 12:50 PM
btw...
was that done in a 05 jazz??