PDA

View Full Version : rear plastic window snapped :(

tamay_s2k
20-08-2010, 12:14 PM
hey guys
lastnite wen i was putting the top down in my s2000. the rear plastic window was folding weird (it does this sometimes) so i stopped to fix the fold and the window just snaps into like 7 different pieces. im guessing this happened because
1. the plastic is really warn out
2. i think it iced up because of the cold weather.
so a word of advice...please watch out for ur softtops in this weather because if they ice up and u try and put the top down, it will shatter.
can anyone recommend me anyone who sells the glass softtops and does installation because now im driving around with ductape on my rear window and quite frankly it is embarrassing. need to get this done asap!!:(
atleast it gives me a reason now 2 have 2 convert tot he glass softtop :)

slackzy
20-08-2010, 12:23 PM
tried topsonline in the states? took about a week to freight the top here.

JamieP
20-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Look up the eBay user hindsightseeing on American eBay. I purchased my ez on stay fast cloth roof wit a glass window from him and after months of research he was the cheapest I could find anywhere by like $100. Topsonlne wouldn't even match him and shipment was quick as. I got it installed at Coburg auto trimmers but I would highly recommend not having it done by them. Your going to love ur new roof when you get it. It totally transforms the car.

Marst4r
20-08-2010, 02:00 PM
had exactly the same problem u had a fortnight ago. just ordered a robbins from topsonline, great service + delivery time.

tamay_s2k
20-08-2010, 02:17 PM
thanks guys for the help
i think i will most likely buy off the ebay seller hindsightseeing
to do the glass roof in the s2000, is there any modifications that need 2 do be done to the standard frame?
and JamieP, how much did it cost for installation?

kaho86922
20-08-2010, 02:43 PM
just curious how much for shipping to melbourne? anyone got exprience?

slackzy
20-08-2010, 02:50 PM
both hindsightseeing and topsonline have a fixed international shipping cost differing by $5.. i think its $125 vs $120 (both in USD)

zhong
20-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Go hard top! I can't wait till my soft top just rips apart...

JamieP
20-08-2010, 06:47 PM
It cost me $700 to get my roof installed which is the second cheapest price in melb. Theirs an auto trimmer in beronia that does it for $650. It's a pretty big job but no major modifications are needed to be done.

BIGTYM
20-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Tamay.....lol Sorry to hear that bro must be embarassing driving around with a duct tape rear window. Take some photos bro I wanna see you Ghetto fix job

foowoei69
21-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I saw ur car today on sydney rd. At about 10pm? But didn't see Ur rear window. Bad luck bro. Hope u get it sorted quick fast.
I agree with the hardtop ideA. Lol. There's a black original one here bein sold for 3.5k I think. Might still be for sale.

tamay_s2k
21-08-2010, 01:36 AM
I saw ur car today on sydney rd. At about 10pm? But didn't see Ur rear window. Bad luck bro. Hope u get it sorted quick fast.
I agree with the hardtop ideA. Lol. There's a black original one here bein sold for 3.5k I think. Might still be for sale.

haha yea man
i was at a wedding. i had about 20ppl msg me 2nite saying they saw my car on sydney road..stalkers :P haha
i did a new job of using clear sticky tape on the rear window till i fix it nextweek. not really that noticeable but wen i close my doors, u just see the rear window pulse rofl
ill post up photos of my ghetto job
lmao
thanks for the sympathy guys :P

tamay_s2k
21-08-2010, 01:38 AM
nah not a fan of hardtop man
id prefer using my s2k the way it was built
plus wen that roof is down, its a completely different car with such a nice sounding engine!!!!
in my area im known as the guy whos roof is never seen.
as long as it aint raining.the roof is down.
some of my mates who ive known for like 6 months saw my top up for the 1st time last nite and im usually with em all the time rofl

foowoei69
21-08-2010, 02:56 AM
That's true. That what stops me from getting a hard top
If they made one that u can fold up and stick in ur boot. But is still light and easy to put on and taje of. Then I'm keen.

foowoei69
21-08-2010, 02:59 AM
Plus the price is a bit of a bitch too. I'd rather fi or something else for that kinda money.

JamieP
21-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I love the look of the hard top, but the fact that the s2k is convertible at the flick of a switch was one of the selling points for me when I purchased it. I like having the luxury of treating my car like a skank from a girls gone wild video I.e getting her to drop her top when ever I please ;p it just wouldn't be the same car without that luxury now that I'm so used to it

3AM
21-08-2010, 12:16 PM
yeah me too i dont really see the point in buying a convertible to make it a hardtop. would of just bought a hard top car instead.

blackouT
21-08-2010, 12:48 PM
love cruising at night with the top down! even when its cold just crank up the heater and go! cant wait for summer! hard top looks nice but always prefer the convertible hehe

Riviera_TypeS
21-08-2010, 05:48 PM
It gives better security and sound-proofing though.... :)

To OP, glass soft top will be the best mod you ever have... although it does have smaller area than the plastic one...

tamay_s2k
21-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Plus the price is a bit of a bitch too. I'd rather fi or something else for that kinda money.
u read my mind man
exactly wat i said to myself wen i saw one on a s2k

I love the look of the hard top, but the fact that the s2k is convertible at the flick of a switch was one of the selling points for me when I purchased it. I like having the luxury of treating my car like a skank from a girls gone wild video I.e getting her to drop her top when ever I please ;p it just wouldn't be the same car without that luxury now that I'm so used to it
HAHA
such a split personality our cars have =D
i love my baby
shes my slut.
she rides topless and screams wen i give it 2 her ;)

love cruising at night with the top down! even when its cold just crank up the heater and go! cant wait for summer! hard top looks nice but always prefer the convertible hehe
yea man!!!!
thats how us s2k owners roll man
top down..as long as it aint raining.
and if it does get cold..put up ur windows. my softop is purely there for protection from theft and rain. that is it.....i hate it up
cant even hear my exhaust or intake to the full =[

foowoei69
21-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Actually personally I never used to like convertibles. Few reasons little ****s with knives and most lose body rigidity and gain extra weight and so on.
I bought the s2k coz it's the only rwd car they got. Besides the nsx. Don't get me wrong. I love my S. It doesent have the downsides of most covertibles. But I only put the top down when I'm away from traffic.

Giraffe
21-08-2010, 10:59 PM
LOL dont you get cold man with your top always open

blackouT
22-08-2010, 12:00 PM
wear a jumper and the heater up will solve the problem haha :D

tamay_s2k
22-08-2010, 06:45 PM
LMAOOO
true
man thats why we have a heater ;)
i sometimes wear a jacket and a scarf even.

VeYzZii
30-08-2010, 09:21 PM
as long as it aint raining.the roof is down.

Pussy :P
If you drive fast enough the rain cant keep up with you man.. Haha

tamay_s2k
30-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Pussy :P
If you drive fast enough the rain cant keep up with you man.. Haha

LMAOO
true man
guess i just dont have the balls 2 lose my licence rofl :P
i watched this episode of Mythbusters where they test that theory and it ACTUALLY WORKS lmao
the faster u drive, the less rain gets in the car

blackouT
31-08-2010, 01:25 AM
i saw that episode too haha :D was pretty sick :D