PDA

View Full Version : Cracked bushing

brandonek1
21-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Hey guys, i have a cracked bushing(s) i think rear lower trailing control arm (off the top of my head, doesn't sound right :s ). either way, the only time i really notice it is reversing out of my driveway it creaks, if i take a corner too fast and with a full car load it tends to creak around corners.

my question is, is this something that i should make a priority to fix in the interest of safety? or does it not have much of an impact?

any help will be appreciated :thumbsup:
cheers
brandon

mocchi
21-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey guys, i have a cracked bushing(s) i think rear lower trailing control arm (off the top of my head, doesn't sound right :s ). either way, the only time i really notice it is reversing out of my driveway it creaks, if i take a corner too fast and with a full car load it tends to creak around corners.

my question is, is this something that i should make a priority to fix in the interest of safety? or does it not have much of an impact?

any help will be appreciated :thumbsup:
cheers
brandon

i think if your RTA bushings are gone (gone as in completely detached, not just cracked/split), it would be pretty scary. i would imagine trailing arm sliding everywhere while driving, camber out of whack, toe too maybe. brr.

i think it cost abt $60usd or so for rta bushings. oem.

teh_mechanic
21-08-2010, 12:01 PM
super common on the civics for that bush to be torn. yeah it will be messing your wheel alignment a little but its not death defying and the arm wont fall out or anything. Main cost in replacement is the labour, you would really struggle without a hoist. It used to call for the whole rear trailing arm and brake assembly to be removed so the bush can be pressed out and new one in...however, you can hit the old bush out and the last 2 ones ive done with bushes from nolathane and pedders now have a tapered end on them so you can hit the new bush in.....way quicker than removing the arm.

brandonek1
21-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Ahh k do you have any idea on the price i'd have to pay for parts+labour all up?