PDA

View Full Version : fuse for battery in boot

Bludger
23-08-2010, 10:42 AM
what size fuse is needed for a battery mounted in the boot?

should I be using the same size as the main battery fuse in the engine fuse box?

na-118
23-08-2010, 10:59 AM
should be using the same ampage for the one in the engine fuse box,

Bludger
23-08-2010, 03:42 PM
will the fuse survive?

with the battery in the stock location, there are 3 wires coming from the battery terminal from memory.....

one directly to the starter, one to the ABS and one to the engine fuse box. There is no fuse between the battery and the starter.

If i install a fuse to my battery in boot setup, will It need a bigger fuse because its going to the starter as well?

stock there is no fuse between battery and starter.
hope you guys know what i'm talking about.

aaronng
23-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Even the starters in the new Hondas have a fuse in between it and the battery. Are you sure yours was the stock setup before?

You can run one thick wire from the battery in the boot, then to a distribution plate where you split off to each section (starter, ABS, fuse box) and then use the appropriate fuses for each line that is split off. Make sure you use an insulated distribution plate though. Or run 3 separate wires from the battery, each with its own fuse.

Bludger
23-08-2010, 03:47 PM
aim is to have the fuse as close as possible to the battery?

should i just go with an isolator switch instead?

Bludger
23-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Even the starters in the new Hondas have a fuse in between it and the battery. Are you sure yours was the stock setup before?

You can run one thick wire from the battery in the boot, then to a distribution plate where you split off to each section (starter, ABS, fuse box) and then use the appropriate fuses for each line that is split off. Make sure you use an insulated distribution plate though. Or run 3 separate wires from the battery, each with its own fuse.there is no fuse from battery to starter in this era of honda's

aaronng
23-08-2010, 04:40 PM
there is no fuse from battery to starter in this era of honda's

Frak, I confused fuse and relay....... my bad.