PDA

View Full Version : RSR ExMag Exhaust

Looneee
03-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey Guys,

I currently have a 2.5 cat back exhaust which has a Buddy Club Spec 3 muffler aka BLOODY LOUD CLUB! and I'm looking at going to a 2.25 inch exhaust with maybe a twin loop mugen muffler or a RSR ExMag exhaust. I'm just wondering if anyone here has a RSR muffler or has heard any good or bad info on them

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1098511 Check out this link for more info.

Thanks.

Dave.

zacz
04-01-2005, 10:33 PM
hiya loonee

Have a look at my other threads over in the INTEGRA forum....

Im looking to get an RSR EXMAG.....every review Ive read has been that this is the best exhaust to get for quietness!

So far I have no idea who distributes in Australia. Ive found an online shop called TOPSPEC which is getting me a quote for the EXMAG from Japan. Otherwise from the US it will be around USD$900 (incl shipping).

Im currently running an XFORCE TWIN LOOP setup on my car (with a 2.25" piping), its pretty much a replica of the Mugen one. But i just am looking to get something which is going to sound a bit more smooth and quiet down low...

Ive found some sound and video clips on the web of both RSR EXMAG and MUGEN TWIN LOOP which I can email you if you wish, just send me a PM with your email and i will send them to you.

Hope this helps!

regards

zac

Limbo
04-01-2005, 11:12 PM
i've head that the RSR are very quiet but they are generally only available in Japan and the US. It is easier to get the Mugen Twin-loop and most people say it is on par witht he RSR. Look at the JDM Honda site there are a few people with these exhausts.

tinkerbell
05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
which JDM Honda site is this Limbo?

Non Vtec
05-01-2005, 11:57 AM
for the money your spending I'd buy a header off www.DTR-FAB.com they are pretty insane and really good quality and show big gains..

tinkerbell
05-01-2005, 12:09 PM
it is cat back though... ;)

zacz
05-01-2005, 02:01 PM
let me know if you do go with RSR and who you go through! Perhaps we can negotiate a better price and shipping with them if we purchase 2!!!

regards

Zac

Looneee
05-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey Zac, check your PM dude.

hondar
05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
i can get vision r sports muffler. it is quiet as well.

800 deliverd to ur place inc of tax and gst paid.

let me know

http://www.technicasport.co.jp/eng/image/muffl02.jpg

[stealth]
05-01-2005, 11:58 PM
nething with twin dtm style tips from the vision r range?

hondar
06-01-2005, 01:56 AM
']nething with twin dtm style tips from the vision r range?

no sorry mate..

CHU85
06-01-2005, 11:13 AM
yeah i've got a rsr muffler hooked up to a 3'' system. Its bloody quiet as.
The quietest muffler system i've heard really. The muffler is baffled though.
u should just go to the jap wreckers and pick up a 2nd hand one for about 150

[stealth]
06-01-2005, 12:59 PM
baffled?? describe that more?

hondar
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
']baffled?? describe that more?

http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/faq/exhaust_basics/exhaust6.jpg

This is chambered.. or baffled... like stock OEM muffler or those so called street muffler..

The air is forced into many dead-end chambers, creating backpressure and making it difficult for the air to flow through smoothly.

this is straight thru... like most of N1 systems such as vision n1 or spoon n1,

http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/exhausts/exsound2.jpg

http://www.technicasport.co.jp/eng/image/muff_00.jpg
Vision N1 muffler

Obviously this again a matter of choice... but IMHO i dont see the point of changing from stock OEM chambered (baffled) muffler to another baffled muffler again. I mean i just see it in performance point of view.

But to each his own i guess.. :D :D

[stealth]
06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
vision N1 for bb6 also?

hondar
06-01-2005, 04:14 PM
']vision N1 for bb6 also?

no they dont have it :(

they only have

BB1-BB4
and BA8-BA9 Prelude but for sports muffler.

But i will check if the sports muffler is a straight thru system... thanks..

gambate
06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
so how much is spoon street muffler compare to vision?
i'll get 1 for eg 4 door which ever is cheaper

hondar
06-01-2005, 06:02 PM
so how much is spoon street muffler compare to vision?
i'll get 1 for eg 4 door which ever is cheaper

vision street muffler is about 800 delivered in 3-4 days by ems with tracking

spoon sports muffler is 1142 by ems delivered in 3-4 days by ems with tracking

the bulk of the of money goes to the shipping which is expensive... but they are very fast and secure... and taxes paid.

gambate
07-01-2005, 12:11 AM
if i dont mind waiting, will it be cheaper if it come along with your next shipment?

hondar
07-01-2005, 03:47 AM
if i dont mind waiting, will it be cheaper if it come along with your next shipment?

definetely it will be cheaper. but with vision is not going to be much cheaper. they are about that price... :) the most 50 bucks...

spoon will be and i am taking pre-orders by ship.. so.. yeah let me know

Looneee
28-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey Leo,

Do you have any video clips of the Vision muffler?

To be honest i haven't heard anything about these, only from you. Just interested to see what gains u get and how they sound

Limbo
28-01-2005, 07:36 PM
which JDM Honda site is this Limbo?
http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/index.php this is the one.
Sorry for the long reply been out of it lately. They had quite a few reviews. The site is US so i don't know about getting one though.

SINISTR
28-01-2005, 07:50 PM
hey Guys...

Ive got RS*R extractors on my CRX. I think they have given my car the extra kick I wanted but im being let down by the 2.5inch exhaust, rather than a 2.1/4. I will be going back to 2.1/4 when i get the chance - as I need to replace the CAT which is already 14 years old (still flowing).
I was thinking of going RS*R muffler but still unsure what I will do as Im considering options how to make my rear bar look.

has anyone contacted RS*R USA for prices?

hondar
29-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Leo,

Do you have any video clips of the Vision muffler?

To be honest i haven't heard anything about these, only from you. Just interested to see what gains u get and how they sound

just want ot say that i've just fitted my vision exhaust at fussy's yesterday.. also chucked in a 2.5" hi flow cat :)
what can i say??? its PERFECT!! not too loud :thumbsup:
i recommend it :thumbsup:

the engine work as a system. all parts work together to get the gain. u will see the gain when u get all the parts work harmoniously together.

if u have a good muffler but you have no intention to do anything else, u wont see much gain. BUT if u do have intention to do more but it is just the matter of time then YES, you will see gain with proper tuning.

Yes, tuning is the most the most ignored parts of car mods becos it is intangible unlike when u buy a muffler, or air intake and etc. you can see and touch the product. so in that sense, the muffler will help you see the gain only if u do it properly. muffler alone wont see u much gain if thats the only mod u have.

u can ask LAGOOT how it sounds though... :D