PDA

View Full Version : [CL9]rattling sound while accelerating.

mattchuej8
24-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,

I drive a Accord Euro 04, manual trans. 154###kms.
while driving you can hear like a rattling/buzzing sound while accelerating. i only noticed it when i drove through a narrow strip where sound echos and i coould hear it pretty loudly, like car park ramps etc. I tried to trouble shoot it myself.
Checked engine oil - to level and not dirt black still pretty clean.
Reved in neutral - heard no sounds.

I think its something to do with the trans, but im not sure. Gear box fluid was changed at 120000km service as log book states. But that was when it was with previous owner.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

mattchuej8
25-08-2010, 01:11 PM
bumpers.

TheGoodDeal
26-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Check your brake pad. May be it has been worn out. It happened to my car. The warning metal piece scraping the disk. It sound like you put stick into the spokes of spining bicycle wheel. Some time you hear it sometime don't initially and more often later on.

gee-aye-dee
26-08-2010, 06:02 PM
sounds a bit like pinging is it a metallic knocking sound that happens when the car is under load also is it a manual say if you try to take off up a hill in 2nd does it do it. i know a few euros had problems with pinging also

Lukey
26-08-2010, 07:53 PM
check ur cat.

MWAKU
26-08-2010, 08:27 PM
pretty sure if it was his cat he woulda heard it while reving in neutral

mattchuej8
26-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Check your brake pad. May be it has been worn out. It happened to my car. The warning metal piece scraping the disk. It sound like you put stick into the spokes of spining bicycle wheel. Some time you hear it sometime don't initially and more often later on.

at a quick exception, brakes look pretty meaty still ay. ty though.

sounds a bit like pinging is it a metallic knocking sound that happens when the car is under load also is it a manual say if you try to take off up a hill in 2nd does it do it. i know a few euros had problems with pinging also

Yeah that sounds about right. metallic knocking around i was leaning towards metal swimming in my gear box. BUT im no mechanic so i have no clue.

Lukey
27-08-2010, 09:12 PM
pretty sure if it was his cat he woulda heard it while reving in neutral

mine was much more noticeable while in gear than neutral

DC4Integra98
30-08-2010, 12:01 AM
mine was much more noticeable while in gear than neutral

Same with mine. I would definitely check the cat

mattchuej8
30-08-2010, 12:14 AM
yeah im kinda leaning towards my cat.

because i had a look at my car fluids before i went snows on the weekend. coolant was pretty low like 4cm off min level. And a stuffed cat can cause an engine to heat up true?
kinda makes sense ay.

DC4Integra98
30-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Does the car feel a bit sluggish?
Im not sure if its the same with na cars but my car would always backfire when the cat collapsed

mattchuej8
30-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Does the car feel a bit sluggish?
Im not sure if its the same with na cars but my car would always backfire when the cat collapsed

It does feel sluggish, randomly though. I took it the snows and it felt like it wasnt pulling as hard at times. i do have 20" on it but even though it does feel more sluggish than usual. hmmm. where can i get it tested? exhaust shop or even a general mechanic? do you think the cat would be failing already at 150###km.