PDA

View Full Version : (QLD) Is it legal or Illegal in QLD!?

EG5VTI
25-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Deleted

bennjamin
25-08-2010, 10:11 AM
dude just to say - ANY modification to a otherwise standard car is illegal UNLESS deemed safe/up to ADRs of the same year of manufacturer ( by a engineer for example )

Surely there is a PDF on the http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/ website somewhere ?

duzy
25-08-2010, 11:12 AM
interior dome light will be illegal for sure, just change it to a white LED, the rest they wont recognize

tinymoon
25-08-2010, 10:28 PM
My plate lights are between blue and white, cops wont notice until you do funny things on streets

hisoka
03-09-2010, 12:15 PM
lol if a police officer even bothers to pull a civic over, your definitely in trouble for something already, or you live in sunnybank.

they dont even check your lights, even at a defect station, so stop worrying. lol

the run down goes as such in qld at a defect station

pod filter secure,
BOV plumbed back
seats mod plated
steering wheel mod plated
ride height
tire tread nice and meaty
and possibly check for any dangerous objects sticking out, protruding or tears in wheel arches

depends on police really. can be stopped one night and they check it , say its all good,
next day get stopped by highway patrol, bye bye car

pinoy-boi
03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
lol if a police officer even bothers to pull a civic over, your definitely in trouble for something already, or you live in sunnybank.

they dont even check your lights, even at a defect station, so stop worrying. lol

the run down goes as such in qld at a defect station

pod filter secure,
BOV plumbed back
seats mod plated
steering wheel mod plated
ride height
tire tread nice and meaty
and possibly check for any dangerous objects sticking out, protruding or tears in wheel arches

depends on police really. can be stopped one night and they check it , say its all good,

LOL love reading ur post hisoka, always a good read

96VTi-R
03-09-2010, 04:25 PM

That's happened to me twice once for ride height and other for ride height.

57U-00
08-10-2010, 09:31 AM
I often have Highway Patrol and traffic police frequenting the store I manage, and I have asked them on a couple of occasions and this is what I have found:

- If a vehicle has had anything done to it other than how it rolled off an assembly line, it is modified. If it does not have an engineers certificate and mod plate to deem that it meets the ADR requirements and to ensure that it is safe, they can defect you.
- The big things that cops go for that are easy to defect people on (at least on the north side of Brisbane) are excessively loud exhausts (registering more than 89 dB if tested), ride height, particular models of cars that are likely to be defectable, pod filters and short ram air intakes, and groups of cars that fit into the model category of what they are hunting (i.e. ricers, commodores, falcons, etc...)
- Keep in mind that the cops won't hassle Johnny Redneck next door in his clapped out proton ute thats running on bald tyres and squeaks like a 40 gallon drum full of mice based on its condition because its a whole heap of paperwork for one infringement. Rather they will go after someone who has made some modifications to their car whilst still keeping it looking respectable because they have the money to make multiple modifications and make it look good. Each defect is 1 point off your licence and a fine (to which I can't remember how much it costs)... that is one fine and one point PER DEFECT. For instance, my car (even though it is done within standards), if it were to be not done correctly I would incur a point and a fine for 1) pod filter, 2) short ram air intake, 3) wheels, 4) exhaust... and in order for them to notice the sound that my car is making (regardless of how I was driving) they could throw in "illegal street racing" if i just happened to be next to another car which is 3 points, a large fine, and impounding of car straight up, or if i was on my own taking off from a set of lights, excessive noise, which funnily enough results in impounding and 3 points (thanks to QLD's uber Hooning laws). If i just happened to be with some mates or on a cruise, they would then proceed to pull the other people I am with over and start looking at them for the same thing. If their cars weren't up to scratch it would be the same process for them. Point of the story is, thats a hell of alot of revenue for them right there, hopefully several cars impounded, and another situation where they can make an example of "Hoons", who are really just car enthusiasts. In my scenario, I would incur 5 fines, lose 7 points, lose my car, and lose my licence for at least 12 months. Luckily I have done everything to standard and I have everything I need to revert it back to stock.
- Once again it all depends on the police officer too. Most of them don't bother unless you are visibly doing something wrong to attract their attention. At which point the dollars signs roll over in their eyes and your basically screwed. Either that or unless u get a major **** of a cop that lost his gf to someone with a skyline and a huge penis.
- The secret I have been told is if you want to heavily modify your car and not get done for it, get engineers certs and mod plates for EVERYTHING that you do, even if a cop normally wouldn't bother you. Its expensive and most people won't be bothered, but even freedom has a price in the car scene.

hisoka
12-10-2010, 08:11 PM
just to clear up i got 9 major defects and 2 minor lol. i thought i could be mad guy and not get caught. i got caught at 8am in the morning just out of southbank....you will eventually get caught. if you play it cool and you just have pod and stuff you will be fine.

yeah 9 points, iam a plater.

.k.
13-10-2010, 10:09 AM
gg man!

ekcoupe
13-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Nvm...

cazz'shonda
10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
old fart rant warning.:p

& my license plate lights to white LED's.:eek:
Well there is 3 points and $2000 in fines straight up. This is Oztraya, we have registration plates not license plates. :angel: {funny as it may be, the 2 toll transponders we have here have Lic Plate on one and Reg plate on the later one??}
Seriously though, how can they book anyone for rego plate discrepancies when the Qld Transport issue those gold on black plates. Even my 19 & 22yo sons think they should all be recalled as even in good light, they are almost indistinguishable.

I personally don't think that the police would be bothered with things like white Led rego lights. The red interior light is questionable but IMO, there is no reason any colour would be bad as you are not really supposed to have it on while you are actually driving IIRC. (might be an old law now)
As for the gauge cluster, my Renault has red gauges at night so what could be the possible problem as long as all things are visible.

EK1.6LCIV
14-01-2011, 06:39 PM
not just adr but it has to be qld dept of transport approved...