PDA

View Full Version : Accord euro - sound system.

rayz
25-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a accord euro 04 model and I'm looking at upgrading the sound system, but somehow keep the original deck (if possible)

Well what i'm after is something with a little big more bass and loud - budget is about 2k..

now my question is, if I say keep my stock unit and hook up some components, amp and sub how is the sound ?

Or

would it be more better for me to just upgrade to a single din ??

whats the best way around this ? because once i upgrade to a single din would my climate controls etc be effected?

Thanks guys!!

MR808
25-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Just use rca convertors on the factory speaker output to power your amps for speakers and a sub and it'll sound great no need for a single din upgrade

DC5TYPER
27-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Run the Factory Headunit but use a Lineout convertor with EQ. Like Audiocontrol and Soundstream have some decent ones affordable for your budget.

Add some Dynamat with Decent Set of splits, amp and Sub.

Your welcome to PM me if you want some quotes. I work in a Car Audio store in Vic and Im happy to help out with advice and/or recommendations.

JN7
27-08-2010, 01:20 PM
i personally think it would be better to run a single din headunit. anything off an aftermarket deck SHOULD (i think) sound better than stock headunit.

your climate controls won't be effected. i've had the set-up

eurogo
27-08-2010, 01:44 PM
lol i had the same dilema. I ended up getting a single din dash conversion from usa for $500, http://www.ryda.com.au/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FP997864 . It looks basic but once its in its great, basic air con controls but meh, means i can have my screen in up the tip instead of being awkward n hard to operate down the bottom. Ive paired my clarion screen with focal 165KRX2 6.5inch splits, focal 690CVX 6x9's, focal solid 4 amp for splits and 6x9s, kicker L7 sub and kicker 750.1 amp for the sub. This all combined with sound deadening of the front doors, parcel tray, and boot sounds amazing but yea bit over your budget of 2grand haha. I was going to put speakers in the back doors, but after alot of research it was made clear that a better stage would be achieved with just splits and 6x9s. Apparently the stock 6x9's are more a mid bass speaker, hence y they go pretty good as is. Anyway if you want some pics of how the fascia looks just pm me your email n ill shoot some off to you. cheers.

arverson
27-08-2010, 07:25 PM
as you know theres a few options but given the budget and how you wanna keep the original deck in its location, id get get an aftermarket HU - which is much better than a LOC anyway. your original deck is basically a clock from then on but you get to keep the climate control as is.

so get lower dash fascia for about $50-100, which is better than spending $500ish on the upper dash fascia alone & skimping on the rest of the gear IMO.

id break your budget up like so:
lower din fascia $100
$400 single din
$400 splits
$300 sub
$600 on a 4chan amp. channels 1+2 for front splits, 3+4 for sub
$200 for wiring/distro/fuses/rca's/etc
$50-100 for a basic prefab subbox

did the budget include installation(if needed)?