PDA

View Full Version : Cl9 + K&N

EuroZed
26-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi all
Bit of a lurker, and love it
Was thinking of getting a k&n as the only mod for now and possibly ever, is there much gains at all or not much noticable diffence, my euro is a lux auto
would appreciate any ones experience
thanks
Zed

SL8512
26-08-2010, 01:23 AM
to be honest....prob next to no gains....

depends whatn you mean by K&N. Did you mean a cold air intake with the tube and K&N pod filter or did u want keep the stock hoses and just get a panel filter to replace the existing OEM filter?

the Cold air intake will prob give you slightly, SLIGHTLY little more gain than just a panel filter....but both wont have any effect in terms of performance.....well, not so much that you'd notice anyway.

ricerockets
26-08-2010, 01:54 AM
mm the only thing that would improve much would be the induction sound when WOT... but that would only be with the Cold Air Intake, but if u use the panel filter then wont do much in terms of sound if the resonator is still attached but in terms of performance i would say next to nothing as well

sameol3
26-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Not much gains with either... cold air may improve top end if other mods are applied eg. headers and exhaust but with no other mods the only benefit is a nice intake sound =D... Panel filter will be pretty much like stock with the added bonus of being reusable after being cleaned.... bear in mind that you will lose abit of low end torque with a CAI setup but gain abit high end.

Type R Positive
26-08-2010, 08:35 AM
I had a K&N CAI on my CL9 man, it was definately worth the purchase! Gains everywhere! Very noticable.

EuroZed
26-08-2010, 09:34 AM
thanks all for the quick and so informative replies
guess its not worth going for
happy with the resopnsiveness as is.
on another note, i noticed Honda use Repsol oil and no other manufacturer to my knowledge use that? is there benefit in that oil and does the engine behave differently to that than any other oils?

By the way when do we ever have a gtg here, would be so keen to chk out everyones rides and learn to see what all have done to there toys :)
cheers
Z

EuroZed
26-08-2010, 05:05 PM
by the way it is a panel filter only...

aaronng
26-08-2010, 05:09 PM
thanks all for the quick and so informative replies
guess its not worth going for
happy with the resopnsiveness as is.
on another note, i noticed Honda use Repsol oil and no other manufacturer to my knowledge use that? is there benefit in that oil and does the engine behave differently to that than any other oils?

Honda dealers use the oil that they have in bulk. My dealer used Castrol Magnatec. I have not come across a dealer that uses Repsol oil.

by the way it is a panel filter only...
Minimal performance gains and minimal changes in sound.

DR1V3R
26-08-2010, 05:36 PM
i just bought an Injen CAI for my euro lux, i hope it does somethin, not just look good! hahaha

aaronng
26-08-2010, 06:07 PM
i just bought an Injen CAI for my euro lux, i hope it does somethin, not just look good! hahaha

Injen CAI sounds very nice at full throttle. You'll love it. Remember to avoid deep puddles so you don't get the pod filter wet.

MR_LATE
26-08-2010, 08:43 PM
i had a k&n cai on my cl9 man, it was definately worth the purchase! Gains everywhere! Very noticable.

agreed!

EuroZed
26-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Honda dealers use the oil that they have in bulk. My dealer used Castrol Magnatec. I have not come across a dealer that uses Repsol oil.
Hornsby Honda and Artarmon Honda use Repsol so they tell me...some good oils make the euros rev better i heard....

Minimal performance gains and minimal changes in sound.

thanks again for letting me know :)
you guys are awesome man, so quick to help out

Simonnn
29-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi all
Was thinking of getting a k&n as the only mod for now and possibly ever
Zed

Not gonna happen mate, if you do get the CAI you're screwed, one thing leads to another and before you know it you're forking out more and more $$$ haha :D

whteva
30-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Not gonna happen mate, if you do get the CAI you're screwed, one thing leads to another and before you know it you're forking out more and more $$$ haha :D

once you pop you cant stop!

tony1234
30-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah.Modding is a disease.lol

npcan2
30-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I caught it then gave it to Simon... Sorry man! ;)