PDA

View Full Version : Lowering suspension for my Civic Coupe.

CivicCoupe
03-12-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey guys,

I am new to the forums here and I thought I would just post a question about lowering my 97 Civic Coupe Vti.

I am really clueless when it comes to brand types and specifications. Hoping to get some suggestions on what to go for. I'm not after super touring handling, just good enough for comfortable riding at a lowered hight of about 2 inches.. any advice? Also what kind of price am I looking at?

Sorry if this has been covered before.. just provide me a link to the topic if thats the case.. THANKS 4 Any HELP! ;)

SiR
03-12-2003, 03:30 AM
I would say either Pedder's or Kings Springs if you're just looking for regular coil springs.

But remember to lower the rear of the car at least half an inch more than the front cos the rear is slightly raised compared with the front.

Hope this helps.

CivicCoupe
03-12-2003, 06:31 AM
I was just wondering, with pedders or kings will it be a comfortable ride?
I remember my old car (it was a corolla twincam) being so bad it gave me stomach aches sometimes. LOL :!:

Im a bit unsure coz the ride now on the coupe is so damn comfortable, i dunno if it will be worth it.. will there be something that will offfer as close as possible to the stock but still be lowered 2 at the front and as u say 2 and 1/2 at rear?

A'PEXi
03-12-2003, 05:37 PM
when its lowered, your definatly going to lose a bit of comfort... maybe get a set of shocks as well....

vti-2
03-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Yeah, if you want to retain some sort of comfort make sure you upgrade from standard shocks.

A 2-inch drop will be a huge difference from stock in terms of ride quality. Even a 1-inch drop makes a difference so you will notice a 2-inch drop straight away. I've got a 2.5-3inch drop on my Teg and the ride suprisingly isn't that bad. And i have standard shocks. :roll:

King springs are ok if you are on a budget. Otherwise, if you can afford something better i'd tend to look at Koni's or second hand Tein's. But, having said that i've got Kings springs and i'm happy with them considering the price i paid etc. I wouldn't put them on my next car though.

Just my 2c.

CivicCoupe
04-12-2003, 07:20 AM
Thanks for that guys.

So with the Koni Springs and Shocks.. how much would u roughly think im looking at coz i have no idea at all..

VTi-RT
04-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Koni lowered springs and sport shocks you should be looking around $1k. If you want adjustability, then a set will cost aroun $2k.

genesis
04-12-2003, 11:48 AM
I have koni adjustable springs and shocks, the ride is a bit stiff even on 'soft' setting, however... i go to the track often, so it's worth it.

CivicCoupe
04-12-2003, 06:22 PM
$1k is pretty good i believe. Anyone on these forums got the non-adjustable version? I would just like some opinions on ride quality. I dont mind it being stiff.. just not stomach wrenching stiff.. :o

Dont mind sacrificing ride quality for it gettin lowered coz hondas look so PHAT lowered.. YEAAA BAABY :twisted:

VTi-RT
04-12-2003, 09:55 PM
As long as you get sports shocks to dampen the bouncing springs you won't get the stomach wrenching

CivicCoupe
04-12-2003, 10:54 PM
How low can these go? And another thought.. how much would coil-overs cost?