PDA

View Full Version : Wiring guide for b18c2 conversion into eg5 vti

stndrd
26-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I have just finished dropping a b18c2 into a eg5 vti and am now having to tackle the wiring side of things. I would like someone who has done this before to tell me which wires (what color they are and pin number in ecu) I have to chop and modify and which ones I have to add. If you could post a wiring diagram to go with it, it would make things a lot easier. Cheers

jdm_b16a
27-08-2010, 07:36 AM
I have just finished dropping a b18c2 into a eg5 vti and am now having to tackle the wiring side of things. I would like someone who has done this before to tell me which wires (what color they are and pin number in ecu) I have to chop and modify and which ones I have to add. If you could post a wiring diagram to go with it, it would make things a lot easier. Cheers

It's not as simple as that. Use GOOGLE to search for info, but your best bet is to get hold of the FSM for the car the engine came out of, plus the FSM for your car. This will give you all the information you need.

Peter

stndrd
27-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Fsm? As in factory service manual?

VTec1987
27-08-2010, 12:16 PM
if u got no idea what to do, better off paying someone to do it for ya.
where u located?

stndrd
27-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Its not as if i'm not able to do it, as i'm a 4th year apprentice mechanic. I just have never done a b series swap before and would rather do it myself to a) learn and b) not pay an arm and leg to get a auto elec to wire it up. I'm located in melbourne. Also is there somewhere other than honda you can buy complete workshop manuals for the eg civic and dc integra? Because I refuse to buy a gregory's workshop manual

jdm_b16a
27-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Also is there somewhere other than honda you can buy complete workshop manuals for the eg civic and dc integra? Because I refuse to buy a gregory's workshop manual

Are you kidding? A quick search around any of the major local and US based Honda forums will show you links to as many FSMs as you need.

Not only that, you get the full 1000 page plus Honda Factory Service Manuals not the crappy jobs published by third parties.

Have a look - you'll be amazed at what is available online in PDF format. One of the most popular is the EG Civic and the Integra is not far behind.

C'mon. Do you want to be SPOON fed all your life? (That's a joke for all you JDM types!!)

Peter

CRX_CRX
27-08-2010, 04:33 PM
dude, you can find a wire Manuel on the internet.!