PDA

View Full Version : EG cluster or vss anyone can tell ?

viinnh
26-08-2010, 07:31 PM
hey guys i have a eg and the the middle section of the cluster - trip meter, odo meter and speed meter died . do you guys think its the vss or the cluster ?
electricity to the vss is fine, the vss i have taken out and use this electric cleaner to clean all the greeze and shit out and reinstall it correctly . still doesnt work. could it just be a broken vss or cluster ?

thanks

migoreng
26-08-2010, 07:38 PM
When my vss died the speedo, tripmeter and odometer stopped working. everything else looked normal...

viinnh
26-08-2010, 07:43 PM
ohh okay so i gues like i have a vss problemm . :( how much was it for a new one when you got it ?

migoreng
26-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Around $170 installed
No idea how much the vss is by itself.

viinnh
26-08-2010, 07:47 PM
holy shit k thanks man

mocchi
26-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Around $170 installed
No idea how much the vss is by itself.

holy shit, i wouldnt even pay $20! its 1 clip and 2 bolts.

viinnh
26-08-2010, 07:54 PM
its this thing right ? http://hondacivicrepairs.com/views/honda-civic-speed-sensor-profile.JPG

mocchi
26-08-2010, 08:02 PM
its this thing right ? http://hondacivicrepairs.com/views/honda-civic-speed-sensor-profile.JPG

yea thats the one, but are you sure its vss? maybe its just the connector, not actual mechanical sensor that it's attached with.

viinnh
26-08-2010, 08:08 PM
the connector (cable has electricity going through) well i used the thing where you connect to earth ? and plug in and theres a light . that goes on ..

okay i remeber something that might have ****ed something up. i washed the engine bay and engine once using water , and dint dry it by hand just left it in the sun lol , could that be a problem ?

im.Kusuma
26-08-2010, 08:35 PM
the connector (cable has electricity going through) well i used the thing where you connect to earth ? and plug in and theres a light . that goes on ..

okay i remeber something that might have ****ed something up. i washed the engine bay and engine once using water , and dint dry it by hand just left it in the sun lol , could that be a problem ?

shouldnt be a problem bro.. I washed my engine bay using the compressed water gun thingy, no problem, i just covered the started motor, alternator and battry.. other than that i just degreased and spray.
Same thing to pablos's car.. it shouldnt be a problem unless you just got unlucky

na-118
26-08-2010, 08:37 PM
LMAO might wana cover the distributor too

im.Kusuma
26-08-2010, 08:41 PM
LMAO might wana cover the distributor too

yeah and that
i didnt but my car still starts haha

viinnh
26-08-2010, 08:51 PM
i see. when i washed my engine i used the washer compressor gun shit on max didnt cover up shit, gave it a start and it worked. but i didnt drive around for a few weeks then drove around last week i think and relised the vss or w/e this problem is ****ed uppp !