PDA

View Full Version : EG Radiators

Jono Civic
27-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Well I need a new radiator for my eg4 hatch as the stock one has split along the top. Long story cut short... one day at school some parent reversed into me and bent the bonnet which then cracked the radiator. I didn't see it happen but almost 100% that's what happened.

So now im after a new one looking at a aftermarket one, because in a new months I plan on putting in a B18C motor or something else. Im gonna take the air con out so I have the full length. Would you recommended getting a full length one or isn't there any need too? Also whats some of the ones your running?

Thanks for your help!:honda:

bennjamin
27-08-2010, 08:48 PM
dude

get a radiator that supports your CURRENT engine. Which....is a D series. So you can only really use a D series radiator.

Some people will tell you you CAN use a B series radiator - you CAN but its not advised ( you must stretch the d series hose ends over teh slightly larger diameter b series inlet/outlet of the radiator.)

Jono Civic
27-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Ah yeah I see... So need a D Series one... But that will be up to the job for when I put the B series motor in. Thanks for that.

bennjamin
27-08-2010, 09:48 PM
no it wont because it has smaller inlet + outlet pipes (to the radiator ) - make sense ?

Just get a suitable B series radiator when the time comes.

m.o.d.aus
27-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I had a split in the top tank of my radiator too.

This is what i replaced mine with, and its been in the car about 6 months, no dramas what so ever

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/racing-aluminum-radiator-Honda-Civic-EK-EG-92-00-/300460280585?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories

Plus i got these in red to suit my bay :P

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Civic-D15-D16-EG-EK-92-00-silicone-radiator-hose-/290467911905?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories

The hoses are a little tricky, just need some tuggin is all, but the radiator fits like oem.
Highly recomend these considering the price you pay for a genuine rad...

Jono Civic
28-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Ah I see Benn... Thanks for that.

Mod aus... Thanks for the links mate. Now just gotta wait till pay day haha.