PDA

View Full Version : 2006 CR-V key set

FU7URE
28-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Hi guys,

Just bought a 2006 CR-V and only came with one set of keys. Now the owner is claiming that he lost the spare one but it was only a 'service' key ie. doesn't have the 3 button remote. Wondering anyone on here knows if this is true, I suspect that the spare is a full remote one like the main key.
Also, does anyone know approx how much to get a new set at the dealership?

Thanks in advance.

evolution
28-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Hi guys,

Just bought a 2006 CR-V and only came with one set of keys. Now the owner is claiming that he lost the spare one but it was only a 'service' key ie. doesn't have the 3 button remote. Wondering anyone on here knows if this is true, I suspect that the spare is a full remote one like the main key.
Also, does anyone know approx how much to get a new set at the dealership?

Thanks in advance.

All my Honda cars from 2006 came with 2 keys with full remote, not that I had many.

I believe the key with remote is $285 + $60 to reprogram the keyless entry and immobilizer to the new remote.

FU7URE
03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
All my Honda cars from 2006 came with 2 keys with full remote, not that I had many.

I believe the key with remote is $285 + $60 to reprogram the keyless entry and immobilizer to the new remote.

Thanks evolution, just wondering which dealer you went to for that price, honda north just quoted me $290.00 for a key without buttons, and $465.00 for a key with buttons!!!

evolution
03-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Geeeezzz. I got it from Burswood Honda. Got a new key for my Jazz cos it got stolen. It was a 2 button remote.

Vlad D Impeller
14-09-2010, 09:46 PM
You should have gotten two remote keys and one regular service key.

Dogchaser
05-10-2010, 03:24 AM
My 06 crv came with two keys, both with 3 key remotes.
You can also get keys from others place than the dealers now.
Try mister minit etc. Search the net via google......

spacekey
19-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I think it's good to install a smartkey system.
In this way, you don't need use the mechanical key any more.
Just take the smart key with you, nobody can drive away the car without smartkey
KEYLESS ENTRY, KEYLESS GO, REMOTE ENGINE STARTER FUNCTIONS~