PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye CL9... Say Welcome CU2

natnat
29-08-2010, 10:39 PM
finally decided on a car (but really more of my wife decision)!

was going to order a pearl white MY2011 WRX sedan w/ leather satnav and sunroof due to be launched in 2 weeks time, but things are not so simple being married.

bought a cobalt blue CU2 Luxury SatNav with mats set, extended 5 yrs wty, lock nut set, boot tray and rear bumper protector.

might want to change it to black... (my wife chose the cobalt blue)

burak213
29-08-2010, 10:44 PM
pics or ban

natnat
29-08-2010, 11:29 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4937317287_afa8dde11b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4937317465_96938e6529.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4937905520_e9ef93ec8e.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4937905752_17811eee58.jpg

not really my preferred colour....

natnat
29-08-2010, 11:30 PM
this is my interim weekend / weeknights ride...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4937911864_b058f0d224.jpg

2009 118TSI (could not get the GTI as my wife is on 'P')

kimnkk
30-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Grats!! I reckon that blue looks great :D

MikesVtec
30-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Looks pretty sexy actually. There aren't many Cobolt Blues on the road, so the rarity factor is pretty good. Interior panels look better than my base model. Next Euro I'll be getting the luxury for sure.

MikesVtec
30-08-2010, 07:33 AM
And that showrooms looks like Rick Damelian lol

snYpz
30-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Congrats! You also got the gti that you'd been longing for too! :thumbsup:

Nice pick-up and unique colour.

Cynosure
30-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice ! I don't know? I reckon the cobalt blue kinda looks cool don't you think? Or maybe im just wierd lol

dr1ft3r
30-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Congratz on the purchase

Meemoo
30-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Very nice, Congratz. you will love it because I love mine still :)

HunterZero
30-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Nice. Cobalt blue wold be my choice of colour for the CU2.

- HZ

natnat
30-08-2010, 01:21 PM
the golf is not a gti, it's the 118tsi.

bought the CU2 from Rick Damelian.. rang this morning requesting for a change to black but the salesperson was not helpful and was going to charge extra 2000 to do it :(

after sealing the deal i was allocated with a jan2010 built and feb2010 compliance plated... he said it was automatically allocated (yeah, on FIFO system). I felt a bit cheated :(

btw, the full rrp was $52k including mats set, boot tray, rear bumber protector, oem lock nuts and extra 5 yrs wty and negotiated the price down to $45,800 for the luxury sat nav. it could be because the price was pushed down (>12% off) that he is not too happy to help any further.

Meemoo
30-08-2010, 01:50 PM
the golf is not a gti, it's the 118tsi.

bought the CU2 from Rick Damelian.. rang this morning requesting for a change to black but the salesperson was not helpful and was going to charge extra 2000 to do it :(

after sealing the deal i was allocated with a jan2010 built and feb2010 compliance plated... he said it was automatically allocated (yeah, on FIFO system). I felt a bit cheated :(

btw, the full rrp was $52k including mats set, boot tray, rear bumber protector, oem lock nuts and extra 5 yrs wty and negotiated the price down to $45,800 for the luxury sat nav. it could be because the price was pushed down (>12% off) that he is not too happy to help any further.

I am not happy with my dealer neither, the left over money from the trade in still havnt hit my bank a week after I drove my Euro away and I am still waiting!!! NOT HAPPY!

natnat
30-08-2010, 01:58 PM
salespersons... they'll say anything (little truth, heaps of lies, games, bulls) to get you to sign!

praja6
30-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I bought my buron silver base auto euro car brand new same jan 2010 built and feb 2010 compliance My 10 from RIck damelian as well in end of March 2010 got bargain nearly 21% off the normal rrp drive away price with the accessories i got. My car was they already got in stock in their yard. I was happy with the salesguy i dealt with. Before i signed the contract, he stopped me and said "Raj just let you know,i know you won't change your mind, but if you happen to change your mind or cancel the order you have to pay 5% of the purchase price as the re-stocking fee" He said if the car is not in the yard, waiting for a new order from japan then chances i can change my mind. I think its soulful, he did order with base model before at rick damelian, the car was in order and then some reason he changed his mind and bought the luxuary model, they happily refunded the money for him..

I am happy with the afterslaes service as well, if i am not sure something about my car, i contact rick damelian and the salesguy always happy to answer my questions.

I really don't know why the 5% or 2000 restocking fee..its really intersting. The guy at trivett classic parramatta said they charge 10% restocking fee of the purchase price...

You already chosen good color which was selected by your wife, just enjoy the car and keep the big smile in your wife's face :)

euroRwannabe
30-08-2010, 11:13 PM
congratulations natnat on the buy! cobalt blue is a hot colour, but gonna be a pain in the ass finding the same colour matching kits for it.
you'll see what i mean once you have a browse through the "cu2 mods" thread, and have a good understanding on how and what will look good on your brand new CU2 cosmetically.

but for a lux satnav that price is VERY VERY GOOD!
i got my crystal black pearl base model for 36,400...
that came with 10 years warranty, 2 years free servicing and road side assistance, complimentary floor mats (not even that bling in my opinion), darkest legal window tinting, and paint protection sealant (that did nothing what so ever, i can prove that because i went to wash my car a few weeks ago at a "wash it yourself" place, being stupid, i used the "foam brush" and now you can visibly see the ugly brush strokes scratched into the poor paint of my car underneath sunlight. so a tip for you when you wash your car, only spray soap your car or sponge only!!

SPQR
30-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Congratulations! Cobalt Blue is a nice colour: Better than drive-you-nuts-keeping-it-clean-Black. Be happy. Good price too. Silver is the easiest to maintain: Even more so than white.

natnat
30-08-2010, 11:44 PM
I bought my buron silver base auto euro car brand new same jan 2010 built and feb 2010 compliance My 10 from RIck damelian as well in end of March 2010 got bargain nearly 21% off the normal rrp drive away price with the accessories i got. My car was they already got in stock in their yard. I was happy with the salesguy i dealt with. Before i signed the contract, he stopped me and said "Raj just let you know,i know you won't change your mind, but if you happen to change your mind or cancel the order you have to pay 5% of the purchase price as the re-stocking fee" He said if the car is not in the yard, waiting for a new order from japan then chances i can change my mind. I think its soulful, he did order with base model before at rick damelian, the car was in order and then some reason he changed his mind and bought the luxuary model, they happily refunded the money for him..

I am happy with the afterslaes service as well, if i am not sure something about my car, i contact rick damelian and the salesguy always happy to answer my questions.

I really don't know why the 5% or 2000 restocking fee..its really intersting. The guy at trivett classic parramatta said they charge 10% restocking fee of the purchase price...

You already chosen good color which was selected by your wife, just enjoy the car and keep the big smile in your wife's face :)

Thanks Raja :) i think your comments got me to see things from different views :)

natnat
30-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Congratulations! Cobalt Blue is a nice colour: Better than drive-you-nuts-keeping-it-clean-Black. Be happy. Good price too. Silver is the easiest to maintain: Even more so than white.

Silver is the best for lowest maintenance. I had a silver Rav4 in the past and 3 months without washing it looked OK :p
But my wife chose the blue for a change (as her Golf is silver).

natnat
30-08-2010, 11:51 PM
congratulations natnat on the buy! cobalt blue is a hot colour, but gonna be a pain in the ass finding the same colour matching kits for it.
you'll see what i mean once you have a browse through the "cu2 mods" thread, and have a good understanding on how and what will look good on your brand new CU2 cosmetically.

but for a lux satnav that price is VERY VERY GOOD!
i got my crystal black pearl base model for 36,400...
that came with 10 years warranty, 2 years free servicing and road side assistance, complimentary floor mats (not even that bling in my opinion), darkest legal window tinting, and paint protection sealant (that did nothing what so ever, i can prove that because i went to wash my car a few weeks ago at a "wash it yourself" place, being stupid, i used the "foam brush" and now you can visibly see the ugly brush strokes scratched into the poor paint of my car underneath sunlight. so a tip for you when you wash your car, only spray soap your car or sponge only!!

i think future mods for the CU2 would only be coilovers or Modulo suspensions, 19 inch Japanese made rims and good quality tyres, and Injen CAI. just like my previous CL9. focus on handling and slight scream on VTEC :)
further mods on the engine are not going to do much, if just in case i am not satisfied with its power i will just get the 2011 WRX instead :p

pricewise, i used to work in Sydney's largest dealership group which has Honda being its only non European dealer. i used to do their gross profit calc, net profit and the salesperson's commission, estimated margin and holdback / rebate from the factory; hence it was a valuable experience and help me to negotiate in buying cars.

MikesVtec
31-08-2010, 07:15 AM
I might be the exception to the consensus in the way I m totally pleased with my deal. ie. Price, delivery, follow up etc. I think the biggest tip I can give to other buyers is that you really have to have a lawyer-esque attitude when doing the deal. Also doing your homework thoroughly before going to the dealership will avoid most of your "oh ****, I forgot about ______" situations.

antony
31-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Congratulations on the new Euro,I am sure you will LOVE it more than the origional.

I am pleased you chose the Euro over the Subaru and Golf.

At least you have 1 Honda and 1 VW in the household,my 2 favortie car brands.

Have you got the new baby yet ???

If so,post apics ASAP.

But enjoy,enjoy enjoy,with no more accidents...........

natnat
31-08-2010, 08:34 PM
the insurance premium on CU2 is more expensive than on MY2011 WRX sedan. it's kind of wrong.

praja6
31-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks Raja :) i think your comments got me to see things from different views :)

Oh ic... just curiously mate, what is the different view.....

natnat
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
i am thinking of canceling the CU2 due to be picked up next week and buy 2011 WRX...

denot
03-09-2010, 09:55 AM
i am thinking of canceling the CU2 due to be picked up next week and buy 2011 WRX...

u still think that?

Kwangstuhhh
03-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Big congrats mate, you won't be disappointed :)

You serious? Didn't you have to put a deposit down? Word of warning...expect WRXes to be heavy petrol eaters lol

natnat
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Big congrats mate, you won't be disappointed :)

You serious? Didn't you have to put a deposit down? Word of warning...expect WRXes to be heavy petrol eaters lol

still thinking, more than happy to loose 5% of $45800 rather than >10% once i drive the car out from the dealership.

not really concerned about petrol.. if i want to save petrol i'd be buying a diesel car.

Kwangstuhhh
03-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Hehe fair enough. Up to you mate. 5% deposit?!...I only had to pay $1000 lol :S...

praja6
03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I also paid $1000 as deposit.. Just curiosity if you cancel how the dealer going to get balance of 5%? WIll they send the letter to pay the balance?

SL8512
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
i don think he's talkin about deposit. you make a deposit to basically "seal the deal" and say ur serious in buying the car.

its when you make an order on a car and the car is available, and THEN u cancel, the dealer needs to get something for their time and trouble, thus the 5% is compensation for the dealer to get something from the sale. Think of it as a penalty for fking around with them...

SL8512
04-09-2010, 12:25 PM
in regards to you changing your mind....u should have taken more time to think about your choices.

2K+ is a lot of money to lose out on for nothing IMO

Kwangstuhhh
04-09-2010, 12:25 PM
i don think he's talkin about deposit

its when you make an order on a car and u cancel, the dealer needs to get something for their time and trouble, thus the 5% is compensation i guess for fking around with them...
That's just ridiculous and stupid...Then why bother asking for a deposit in the first place =\...

SL8512
04-09-2010, 12:43 PM
That's just ridiculous and stupid...Then why bother asking for a deposit in the first place =\...

think about it like this

say a car needs be manufactured and shipped over here. u pay a deposit for the car. They then send the details of the specs of the car over to the country from where its originating from. U have to wait. It's getting made and manufactured. In the meantime, u find something else and you buy that and u want to cancel that car u ordered. U think the dealer will just give u back your deposit? They'll want something for that car that they ordered. Sure they can sell it off later on but its a contract and by you cancelling, u've effectively breached that contract. think about it from the dealers point of view and then it'll make sense. Only time when they wont take 5%-10% or whatever is when u can prove by goodwill that the cancellation was legitimate. A change of heart unfortunately does not classify under legit reasoning from the dealers point of view

revivor
04-09-2010, 10:03 PM
the insurance premium on CU2 is more expensive than on MY2011 WRX sedan. it's kind of wrong.

Strangely..it's true..I got my R36 ins premium $300 cheaper than an accord euro lux!

Anyway, whatever car you choose, hope you like it! I am most definitely! ;)

albii
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
To the op..Are u bipolar or what..It's surely gonna cost you if you pull out of a signed contract.The WRX is a nice car ,but it aint an accord euro. Power vs luxury..Make a choice , either way you go they are both nice cars in their own right.

SL8512
05-09-2010, 12:44 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4937317287_afa8dde11b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4937317465_96938e6529.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4937905520_e9ef93ec8e.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4937905752_17811eee58.jpg

not really my preferred colour....

agreed with the above post (having to choose between lux or power)... and this comment u left doesnt really inspire confidence. I still think u rushed into it...but if u can live with the penalty of losing couple of thousand for nothing, then go for it and CAREFULLY map out what you really want to avoid things like this happening again in the future.

albii
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
To reiterate what i said above...I don't buy anything ,be it cars, house, tv, iphone, lunch, coffee or anything else unless it is what i really want.

praja6
05-09-2010, 02:36 PM
To reiterate what i said above...I don't buy anything ,be it cars, house, tv, iphone, lunch, coffee or anything else unless it is what i really want.

Albi i am with you, i never buy anytihng unless i wanted and always get quality thing in good bargain price(even a TV or camera or anything atleast 25% off i get from rrp price)..Thats why i bought the base model euro which is more than enough for me. I was researching for the car and waited for the price i wanted and bought it and i did only signed in the dot line of the contract after the salesguy from rick explained everything clear. I could have got another corolla or subaru impreza base model R sedan around 21-25k drive away, however i wanted something bit roomier to take parents for long trip, thats why looking for mid size sedan camry, accord, mazda 6 and accord EUro. Main reason i didnt get camry as when you go for party most of the people from my community comes in camry, so i wanted something different not many people got so bought the EUro and very happy with it. I don't worry about leather seats or sunroof or electric seats, i more prefer the manual seats adjustment which will last years and the cloth seat is more than enough..which i paid full from my own money.

However if i were buying a car from my company i would have choosen a luxuary model....

With Nat i think he already choosen a very good car with reverse camera and satnav. I am sure Nat will think carefully and make a long term decision. How about if Nat really wanted a WRX, he may loose 2k from RIckdamelian and can get the WRX get further 2k cheaper?

like for everyone else, for me also 2k is a lot of money, i would rather pay that 2k to a charity than giving it to the dealer.. Again i am sure Nat will think carefully with his wife to make a longterm good decision :)Good luck..

SL8512
05-09-2010, 02:58 PM
like for everyone else, for me also 2k is a lot of money, i would rather pay that 2k to a charity than giving it to the dealer.. Again i am sure Nat will think carefully with his wife to make a longterm good decision :)Good luck..

Well from the first post it seems like it was the missus that made the decision for him! women.... *sigh*

natnat
05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
resolution reached! :)

my wife will be driving the CU2 (hopefully she will keep the 18" rims away from kerbs, and the front / rear sensors + reverse camera will keep it away from other objects during parking).

i will be taking over the Golf 118TSI and will plan to chip it APR Stage 1 and other bits and pieces. The 118TSI stock has higher torque than CU2 stock, hence acceleration from standing still feels much quicker than CU2. APR Stage 1 will make it even more fun.

antony
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
resolution reached! :)

my wife will be driving the CU2 (hopefully she will keep the 18" rims away from kerbs, and the front / rear sensors + reverse camera will keep it away from other objects during parking).

i will be taking over the Golf 118TSI and will plan to chip it APR Stage 1 and other bits and pieces. The 118TSI stock has higher torque than CU2 stock, hence acceleration from standing still feels much quicker than CU2. APR Stage 1 will make it even more fun.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
How old is the Golf ?
How much mileage has it done ?
Is your wife happy with it ?

praja6
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Sounds good Nat, its good she drives the EUro as she choosen the color. I think the reverse camera is very useful when parking.

When are you picking up your car?

neborama
05-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Congrats on the purchase. Try and prolong the new car smell ;). Mine is long gone.

Btw did you happen to buy it from Larke Hoskins at Rosebery?

praja6
05-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Congrats on the purchase. Try and prolong the new car smell ;). Mine is long gone.

Btw did you happen to buy it from Larke Hoskins at Rosebery?

Naborama, pls refer to post #13, he bought it from Rick Damelian.. Does the showroom looks like Larke Rosebery?

natnat
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys ;)
The Golf is less than 1 yr old, done 13,500 kms.

Will pick up tomorrow from Rick Damellian and will have it tinted at Top One at 3pm.

May plan to install Injen CAI immediately or wait for the run in process is completed :)

will have to live with gentle old man's driving style due to ensuring rpm band <4000rpm during the run in period for a few weeks :(

neborama
05-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Naborama, pls refer to post #13, he bought it from Rick Damelian.. Does the showroom looks like Larke Rosebery?

I'm afraid it does actually?

natnat
05-09-2010, 10:02 PM
just sold my OEM wheels and tyres 10 minutes ago :)

the guy who bought them apparently is looking at my written off car which will go on auction on Wednesday. what a small world!?

http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged/vehicle/CP-12-06-Honda-Accord-Euro-CL-MY2006-Luxury-Sedan-5-Seats-4-Doors/itemid-1-202120211/lotid-0