PDA

View Full Version : vin number issue.

willtran
29-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Hi all

I did did a vin check for a dc5 im looking at. (checkitout and autocheck). Both sites show me details of a dc2 more specifically 01 1.8L 5SPM R HATCH

I got the vin number from the guys logbook. It also matched his vin on his engine. The vin resembles the usual dc5r format. (JHMDC53903C2xxxxx).

Its just weird how both sites give a dc2r description. Any help here would be appreciated.

Zilli
31-08-2010, 07:33 AM
call the RTA... they are ultimately the keepers of this information, and they are the ones that will help you.

aznalex
16-05-2013, 10:03 AM
digging up old thread

but i called up the RTA regarding this exact same issue where a DC5 had come up with "01 1.8L 5SPM R HATCH" as the model of the car.. (after doing a ppsr search)

the person at RTA was completely unhelpful and could not provide me with any information regarding this issue.

friend has told me its an error that mechanics enter into the database after doing a blue slip or anything to do with registering the car

as it is just an error done at the workshop, i am only assuming you could call up a workshop that does blueslips and see if they can change the description of the motor vehicle.