PDA

View Full Version : Considering to buy VOLK VR.G2 on FN2R. Need advice.

derikku
31-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi,

I am quite new to cars and need to advice on the VR.G2 on the FN2R. I recently went to a type shop and was advised to get 18x8.5+43 (I assume the offset is +43, I forgot what the sales person told me.).
He said since the FN2R back is wide its better to get a wider wheel to give it a more aggressive look.

I was just wonder will having the wider wheel affect handling? I know from reading the wheel setup guide my standard wheels are 18x7.5+55.

Zilli
01-09-2010, 07:17 AM
it depends who you ask. A wider wheel means you have more rubber on the road, which is always a positive thing. However, if you put a whider wheel and lower the car, you get an increase in negative camber, which eats at the inside edges of your tyres. This CAN be potentially rectified with a camber kit.

A wider rubber contact patch though means the car will dart around also, as it will grab inconsistecies on the road, couple that with an increase in camber, and it will get worse...

All of this is nothing in an enthusiasts eyes really, but you need to know what you are in for