PDA

View Full Version : Hid's?

mugen_ctr
31-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey brought some Hids over weekend, since they were on special price, so decided yea why not...
anyways, i put them in last nite, drove around, an noticed how uneven the beam pattern was, it was so scattered, some areas where lite, than some lightly :S

Was it the way i installed them in? I knew i shoulda opted for some else to install them into my ek head lights :(

All the wiring was correct, beams need to be adjusted as well, since it points to far up, and blind on coming traffic way to easy

The lights are 8000k, yes there to bluish, i will change bulbs at a later date, wen funds a better, lol, again my mistake

ARGH!!! to much headaches!!!

PS, if anyone from melb would like to help, id be happy to drive anywhere to get this fixed up, cheers, its annoying when driving

lsvtec
31-08-2010, 09:36 PM
lolz 8000k is nice, my bro has got 12000k on his car that really blinds people

mugen_ctr
31-08-2010, 09:41 PM
yea 8000k looks nice but from my pov, when driving, things seem to blueish, especially, when the light hits any reflection, u can really see the color, looks nice :D

henrygiang
31-08-2010, 09:46 PM
did you retrofit projectors? or did you just stick it in the reflectors? my guess would be that cause its not designed for HID's

mugen_ctr
31-08-2010, 09:50 PM
No projectors, thats what they forgot to tell me :(
Any way i can do this? or am i pretty much stuck with this problem till i get projectors?

henrygiang
01-09-2010, 01:57 AM
just try lower your beam as much as you can so you minimise the glare for other road users. or put halogens back in until you get projectors or do a retro maybe

mugen_ctr
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM
will both hi/low beam work effective if I do retro fit projectors? Not so sure since most who fit hid dont use projectors

drgtr
01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Point your car against the wall and adjust those beams down and inwards abit more. Always works. HID have a wider spread.

tiksie
01-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Point your car against the wall and adjust those beams down and inwards abit more. Always works. HID have a wider spread.

It's not that they have a wider spread, it's because you are fitting a light that emits much more light then OEM standard halogens.

By the way, 8000K isn't bright, I'm currently using 5000K on my EK and it's perfectly white and very bright, beams are adjusted accordingly to not blind oncoming drivers and I haven't been High beamed driving like this for the past 1-2 years, so I'm quite happy with it.

Just line up your car with a wall and adjust it.

You won't have a perfect pattern/colour especially when putting into a reflector housing.

anzai
01-09-2010, 09:51 PM
hey man i used to run 8000k as well on my car and the uneven pattern is because our housing is a reflector, and the type of light that is being emitted from the HID is NOT suitable for this kind of housings.

but then again it looks good and i had it for a good year or so without any probs. the reason i took it off is because they are illegal for cars without a projector housing and a headlight wiper, and the fact that they are such an attention seeker. trying to minimise cops encounter basically lol

and u got it for cheap anyway so just keep it for a bit then change back to halogen if you want to!

mugen_ctr
01-09-2010, 10:27 PM
ah ok, thx, yea ill keep em for another month or so and see from there, the uneven beam pattern does sorta take away the whole point of having hid's. lol

Most likely ill get rid of hid's, and just settle for some well branded bulbs, cheers guys

EKVTIR-T
01-09-2010, 10:39 PM
If sticking with halogen grab some Raybrigs

Running the hid in reflectors is epic fail

mugen_ctr
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
thx man, ill look into them, yea i agree, running hids in non-projected head lights is pretty stupid lol, well thats one lesson i learned, once funds are all good, ill try to order some h4 bulbs, raybrigs or maybe some Philips bulbs

cihanvtec
02-09-2010, 01:40 AM
i have the same problem with my eg. im using 8000k aswell, it doesnt look too bad but i think i wouldve preferd lower! try phillips diamond vision. i think i might switch to those aswell. bright white with a tiny bit of blue on an angle. looks awsome. anyway good luck matee :)

mugen_ctr
03-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Just to give an idea of what iev been saying, took the time to take some pictures...

When the holidays come around, ill drop by seeker motorsports, and see what they have to say, since its their kit, and they installed few kits on ek's

PS: notice how very uneven the pattern is, scatted, if anyone who has Hid's in their car, pls do post up some pictures, as i wanna see what they should look like cheers

zachge
11-09-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=43

buy a set of those. brightest legal bulbs you can get. posted to your door for about $30 AUD.

WIN WIN WIN.