PDA

View Full Version : about honda accords any info please

nugget666
04-01-2005, 08:09 PM
hey everyone im new to this forum im a usual member of hot4's but came here for info on some accords I have been looking at Honda Accords and would like to know if anyone knows the best model. it would be V tec wouldnt it i am looking for sunroof leather seats and most probly manual. would that be the go a Vti-s accord? or is there a more luxury model i should look for? i am after a 94 - 97 model. would there be a big diffrence in power to a manual and auto and anything else i should look for?

poid
04-01-2005, 09:17 PM
sounds like you are looking for a manual VTi-S...personally i think manual all the way in what is a reasonably heavy car for a 4 cyl.

The VTi-S has climate control, leather, sunroof, ABS etc

viperx
04-01-2005, 11:23 PM
hi nugget.

just a note on my part, vti-s has a few extras but is 50kg heavier than the vti (which has the same engine, alloys and also sunroof, minus leather and climate)

auto is more than 1.5s slower than manual for the f22b1 (vtec) engine.

there are two shapes, most recognisable by the orange indicators and rear lights. if it has orange indicators and larger rear lights it is the later (96-97) model. this model has factory immobiliser and also standard driver airbag on all models. the earlier model (94-95) would be quite high in k's now but it is certainly easier to find body parts and kits for.

Dominik
05-01-2005, 07:37 AM
yep... vtis is the top of the line for 94-97 accords. Leather, climate and sunroof standard (although its possible to get sunroofs in lower grade accords). Not sure if the VTI has cruise control either. I dont think i could buy a car that didnt have cruise control...

Like Viper-X said though, its a bit heavier; but then i prefer extra comfort over acceleration - or you could do what poid did and turbo a VTIS, all the comfort, plus V8 humbling acceleration ;)

poid
05-01-2005, 02:56 PM
is the drivers airbag standard on 94-95 VTi-S as well? Mine has driver and passenger airbags and no immobiliser

as far as kits go, the front and skirts are no problem as there are no major changes and any gen5 front bumper and skirts work. The rear bootlid on the 96-97 model is slightly different though (a little deeper if i remember right) and so the rear bar from the 94-95 wont fit straight on. I guess though you could change the bootlid and tail-lights at the same time and then have no issues with a 94-95 rear bar.

28RAG
05-01-2005, 05:03 PM
ive got a 95 Accord VTi (bought 6 months ago with 90,000km) has cruise, sunroof, blue and white vinyl :P but that wasnt stock obviously

94-97 all are SOHC VTECs (for VTi & VTi-S)

All accord kits for these 2 models in question fit, except for series 1 rear bar onto series 2, but they fit the other way round (so i've heard). The only exterior differences are as stated...the orange front indis and bigger tail lights and a different underside lip on the rear bar.

And try get a manual...if i didnt get mine for stuff all through work i wouldnt have touched an auto...hence the reason ive turned mine into a show car :P

nugget666
05-01-2005, 07:17 PM
thanks alot for all your help i think i might go for a vti as it would probly be that bit cheaper then the vti-s. I'll just look out for a manual i would like a 97ish as it is newer and i seem to like it that bit more hopefully i will find a manual :D i will keep looking till i find one

Dominik
05-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Personally i think the later model ones look more dated than the older shape. Orange indicators instead of clear (though that seems to be all the rage now), chrome grille that doesnt look as clean as the earlier one, and the taillights look a bit bloated.

Of course, its up to you :)

The VTi usually is at least $1000 cheaper than the VTiS, unless you get a bargain. Manual is actually not that hard to find, which surprised me. But you wont find them at dealerships - dealers hate the manuals because your typical accord customer is old and grey... But on the private market i think its at least 25% manual.

viperx
06-01-2005, 12:30 AM
that is why you put a mugen grille on :)

change the side, front indicator lights to clear, import some jdm black projectors and get some new tailights (there are some ones that are red with circular lenses inside that look cool and modern but arent the altezza ones, i cant find them) then its as good as new =)

viperx
06-01-2005, 12:32 AM
drivers airbag standard on 96-97 sorry. vti has cruise control. for the rear i think its not just the lip, the whole rear bumper is different and wont fit the boot lid if you try and swap between the two shapes

poid
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
the later model rear bumper should fit the earlier model though, as the later model has a shallower bootlid.

Dom i reckon the older shape look better until you deck them, then i reckon the 96-97 shape comes into its own. But it really is a personal preference, i grew into liking it rather than liked it straight away

Dominik
06-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Aah... yes, you can do that... But its alot of work just to make it lok as good as an earlier shape accord :p

poid
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
LOL well doesnt matter which model you get its gonna be decked innit :P