PDA

View Full Version : EG b16a idle problem

mrmango
01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
my baby sometimes idles funny, like at the lights after 10mins driving in neutral car idles from 1000 to 2000rpm constantly and does this till i get back into gear.

any ideas?

thanks yo

djt
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
my baby sometimes idles funny, like at the lights after 10mins driving in neutral car idles from 1000 to 2000rpm constantly and does this till i get back into gear.

any ideas?

thanks yo

Its your iacv (idle air control valve). Clean it or change it. Clean your throttle and map sensor while your at it.

sangyz
01-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Noob mango :p

mrmango
01-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Its your iacv (idle air control valve). Clean it or change it. Clean your throttle and map sensor while your at it.

THANK YOU! :D ill clean it

Noob mango :p

--" i know man but this stuff never happened to my typeR :D

dougie_504
01-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Don't change it, just clean it. Check out beeza's DIY.

mrmango
01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Don't change it, just clean it. Check out beeza's DIY.

done deals, doing it on the weekend :D thanks guys, oh and dougie_504 if you avatar is your car...... damn sexy

dougie_504
01-09-2010, 10:25 PM
done deals, doing it on the weekend :D thanks guys, oh and dougie_504 if you avatar is your car...... damn sexy

Thanks mate. She's a work in progress. I should probably put a build thread up. I have one on CRXAustralia.com but haven't put it up here yet :)

She looks quite different now!

dc292177917
03-09-2010, 03:05 AM
either problems from iacv or fitv, go check it out ;)

cheapdouchebag
03-09-2010, 05:11 PM
orrr try rebleeding ur radiator while ur at it burp that thing up my lude did the exact same thing loo

mrmango
04-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Clean throttle body with Upper engine cleaner.
Cleaned my iacv....... Still idle problems..... I'll change my coolant on weekend.

cheapdouchebag
04-09-2010, 02:45 AM
just make sure when you put the new coolant in that the radiator hoses are all clamped up and secure, ive had a case where my hose popped out n i started overheating. imo the screw clamp rings are the best. i put the hose back on and then drove buttt then bouncing idle occured

and when you put the new coolant in, leaving the radiator cap off run the engine for about 5-15mins, most people will say probablt 5-10 is enough i like to do it for about 15 untill the fluid starts steaming and the bubbles popping from the inlet are of a consisten pattern and are minute and by judging when you think when the airs all out, fill up some more about an inch overfilled then cap it n then run it again
shouldnt have any problems.

if you do. FITV valve is the way to go. give that a clean.
it shouldnt be anything of major problem. just here n there arent operating put into place if u get what i mean.

sangyz
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Your tps might be stuffed mango I've got a spare b16a throttle body with tps on it If you want you can borrow and try out and see if it's the tps. Mine did it back when I had a b16a and the tps was stuffed

mrmango
04-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Your tps might be stuffed mango I've got a spare b16a throttle body with tps on it If you want you can borrow and try out and see if it's the tps. Mine did it back when I had a b16a and the tps was stuffed

That means I gotta change whole throttle body? Damn big job:( but worst comes tomwprst I'll borrow itand check it out :(

just make sure when you put the new coolant in that the radiator hoses are all clamped up and secure, ive had a case where my hose popped out n i started overheating. imo the screw clamp rings are the best. i put the hose back on and then drove buttt then bouncing idle occured

and when you put the new coolant in, leaving the radiator cap off run the engine for about 5-15mins, most people will say probablt 5-10 is enough i like to do it for about 15 untill the fluid starts steaming and the bubbles popping from the inlet are of a consisten pattern and are minute and by judging when you think when the airs all out, fill up some more about an inch overfilled then cap it n then run it again
shouldnt have any problems.

if you do. FITV valve is the way to go. give that a clean.
it shouldnt be anything of major problem. just here n there arent operating put into place if u get what i mean.

Alrite coolant flush it tomorrow:) ummmm fitv Valve, do I clean? Cause ived sprayed throttle body cleaner in it:( doesn't help:(

sangyz
04-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Did you take the iacv off though mango?? Gtta take
it off to clean it properly not just the outside lol

mrmango
04-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Did you take the iacv off though mango?? Gtta take
it off to clean it properly not just the outside lol

Yes--" I'm not that bad hahaah, took it off and cleaned it with throttle body cleaner. :( I just want her running normal:( sounds like I got toda vtec killer cams lol:)

SEPSIR
04-09-2010, 11:37 AM
i had similar problems too...it was my map sensor...i changed it

mrmango
04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
i had similar problems too...it was my map sensor...i changed it

hmmmm so many ways to deal with this....

ill go by order i guess.

1.re clean IACV, FITV.

2.coolant flush

3. borrow TPS from sangy

4. change map senser

sounds good? LOL

cheapdouchebag
05-09-2010, 01:22 AM
hmmmm so many ways to deal with this....

ill go by order i guess.

1.re clean IACV, FITV.

2.coolant flush

3. borrow TPS from sangy

4. change map senser

sounds good? LOL

go step by step. checking if the problems solved after each but yeah that should be in order.
except id bleed coolant first, if u just wanna fix it for now just reuse the coolant if it hasnt been siting there for more than 3months and change when you feel like ud rather have new coolant instead

djt
05-09-2010, 03:47 PM
either change the iacv or change the gasket inside it.

dc292177917
08-09-2010, 06:09 PM
mate plz clear yr inbox regarding the wheels ;)

sangyz
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
mango.. clear your inbox.. you coming tmorrow?

mrmango
08-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry guy! Inbox cleared :d