PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Making Noises...

KonnecXion
03-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys,

My car started to make some strange noises from the wheel, sounded like the handbrake was on while I was driving. The faster I drive the more frequent I can hear it, but the sound is then covered from the traffic noise as I go faster, so I am not sure does it still have this noise at high speeds. The noise is makes kinda sounds like (gwoot gwoot gwoot...)

It is definitely not my brake pads running out and the marker touching as I've changed them. The noise is coming from the rear wheel. I noticed the sound was gone once when I changed all my four tyres. But now it has come back. I could only hear this noise when I am driving about 5-10km. But its really annoying as you cruise past people and they can hear it grind.

Any help would be appreciated!

vyets
03-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds like my brakes when I finished them off after a track day haha but you said you changed it so no idea.

Maybe jack up the car and spin it see where exactly its coming from. Is the rim rubbing on something?

The rotor could be rubbing on the heatshield as well, take off the rotor and inspect see if its scratched anywhere.

Also you brakes could be jammed as well constantly pushing the pads on the rotor, it happened to my mates civic. Best thing is to pull it all apart and look for uneven wear and stuff.

KonnecXion
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah I thought it was the brakes at first so I changed them. I've jacked up the car and spun the wheel and it didn't make the noise which really got me confused at whats wrong. I've got plenty of clearence with the wheel and springs so that won't be the problem. I am thinking the brakes could be jammed on the disc of the rotor rubbing on the heatshield. It's not like a high pitch screeching sound.

Anyway, thanks for the swift reply. I'll go take the wheel apart this weekend and have another look.

Thanks.