PDA

View Full Version : headlight wiring issue HELP ASAP

najdi
04-09-2010, 12:12 AM
hey well just bought a new eg and noticed 1 of the headlights was out while driving at night...but highbeam worked..so i thought it was just the bulb...i checked it bulb was ok..then swaped them around and same problem on the same side. noticed the connecter had broken and the wire wasnt connected so i snipped 1 off my other eg and wired the 3 wires together...it didnt fix it...what do you rekon the problem is help needed asap and any1 wana fit hid kit for me?

Boban
04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Could be your fuse mate, check them under your steering wheel maybe it blew when the wire was exposed

JABLAY
04-09-2010, 04:39 PM
check your wirings.. the three wirings.. you can push em out of the socket its self and try to match it up..
And like boban said, it can be your fuse too..

Good luck mate

najdi
04-09-2010, 05:32 PM
what do u mean push them out of the socket? like out of the connector..i dont think its the wires but il check d fuses any1 no which exact 1 it is ?

JABLAY
04-09-2010, 11:57 PM
what do u mean push them out of the socket? like out of the connector..i dont think its the wires but il check d fuses any1 no which exact 1 it is ?
yeah the connector.. it might be in the wrong place

na-118
05-09-2010, 12:12 AM
i recommend, checking the h4 connector with a test light, get some one to put it on low beams with the test light on it, and click on high beam and check if there's power going to it, if there is the connectors are mismatched
also open the connector up and check if it's still got a bit of grease filled in it, not full or rocks, dust etc

ForevaZero
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Got the same problem with my eg as well :(