PDA

View Full Version : D16y4 conversion!!!! Helppppppppppppp!!!

JABLAY
06-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi guys,

im doing a d16y4 conversion in my eg carby ..carby to efi injection is pretty much covered
im just concerned about wiring for the engine loom to shock towers..Do i have to mod anything? Re-wire anything?

any help would be great.

Preferably useful ones, not spammage..

thanks,

Matt

AXS
06-09-2010, 03:14 AM
for the wiring harness in the engine bay u do not need to modify anything you can either tuck it lower by taping up that area and hide it or just screw it in the existing bracket holes!

na-118
06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
thought you might need to rewire the dizzy

JABLAY
06-09-2010, 12:40 PM
for the wiring harness in the engine bay u do not need to modify anything you can either tuck it lower by taping up that area and hide it or just screw it in the existing bracket holes!

Hey, thanks for the info :)
You sure i dont need to modify or re-wire anything? I've asked a moderator here and he said that i need to re-wire the distributor (like na118 said) and other small things..

If anyone can confirm specifically what i need to re-wire, it'd be very helpful as i need the engine done asap and i need it to get the car running within 2 days.. :(

JABLAY
06-09-2010, 01:31 PM
And also, i was told i cant use the stock d16y4 intake manifold and ecu - This will cause rough idling..
I need to get an ecu from an EG GLi ? But what intake manifold do i use for the motor?

Can anyone confirm this?

thanks again

ECU-MAN
07-09-2010, 09:27 AM
if you use the EK1 ECU you can use the original engine loom and run that into the cabin to the ECU,

you will have to wire up

- the main PGMFI relay
- power tot he ECU ( VBU )
- ground to the ECU
- tacho to the cluster
- engine lamp ( MIL )
- SCS

the above can be found on the green connector at near the ECU connectors
also you will have to wire up

- power to the distributior ( RH Shock tower connector )
- revers lights ( RH Shock tower connector )
- and what ever elses is connected at that connector