PDA

View Full Version : DC5R uneven guard gap after lowering

type_AHH
06-09-2010, 06:46 PM
My car has been lowered recently on coilovers, to 1 finger gap at the rears and just about 2 finger gap at the front. Parking on flat level ground, I used a ruler and measured the distance between the ground to the bottom of the side skirts on each side, and its pretty much even (give or take a millimetre) height all round.

How is it that the height of the car is the same all round, but there is a difference between the gap (1 finger gap rear vs 2 finger gap front)? I would have assumed the gap would have been the same all round also??

Is there something wrong? :confused:

Super-DA9
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Nah you're all good man, it's the same with my DC2. the reason is because the top of the guard on the front is higher up the body than it is on the rear, due to the cars stock stance leaning down on the nose (being a FWD).

:)

EVLGTR
07-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Nothing wrong with that if it doesnt affect your braking and handling. Shouldve taken it back to your mechanic and ask the same question if you werent happy with it.

Nuci
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Also the car tends to dip at the nose under heavy braking, therefore the manufacturer has allowed more clearance at the front to prevent any rubbing on the inner guards, arches etc. Nothing wrong at all.

type_AHH
07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Nah you're all good man, it's the same with my DC2. the reason is because the top of the guard on the front is higher up the body than it is on the rear, due to the cars stock stance leaning down on the nose (being a FWD).

:)

Also the car tends to dip at the nose under heavy braking, therefore the manufacturer has allowed more clearance at the front to prevent any rubbing on the inner guards, arches etc. Nothing wrong at all.

Oh okay, that makes sense. But I'm still wondering how is it then, from looking at pics of other peoples DC5 on the forum, their car has a much more even gap all round?

Nuci
07-09-2010, 08:47 PM
They have probably wound their coils down lower at the front to compensate. So if youre not happy with the stance, just re-adjust your front pair of coilovers to bring the front down a bit.