jaffa_cree
03-12-2003, 09:00 AM
i am running some sony head deck 4x50
6" pioneers at the front, i think 3 way
pioneer 6x9s at the rear

2 amps in connected in seriees
1st amp driving the rear 6x9 2x75rms

2nd amp driving a 10" 100rms sub 2x50rms bridged

now question is, is it bad running the amps in series?
is it a bad combination to run 6x9s and a sub?
am i better off letting the 1st amp drive the rears or the fronts?
or just have 1 amp drive the sub?

is there anything that needs to be changed or added to the current setup?

euro77
04-12-2003, 04:12 PM
I would suggest running your front speakers using the amp, run the rear speakers off the HU, then use the other amp for the sub.

It's not bad to daisy chain the amp, but you only have one control for both amp for fader, which in case is fine since sub & rear speakers are all located at the back (normally). But to run the front speaker and the sub, it's better off running them separately.

The reason to run rear speakers off the HU is because it's only used for rear fill (unless you often have passengers that demand SQ :D )

jaffa_cree
05-12-2003, 01:05 PM
is there a way to fade the rear speakers
but keep the sub going ???

euro77
05-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Does your head unit have sub out? my sony has it, so yours might have it as well. If it has a sub out, then yes, you can fade rear speakers without fading subwoofer. but if it doesn't have it, and you have to use rear channel for your sub, you can fade rear speakers and increase the amp volume for your sub (if the amp has a volume control)

XXpl0Sive
05-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Yeh use your head unit to fade everything to the front.
You'll have to have a cross-over setup for this to work.

Javed
05-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Adjust gains appropriately and you should be able to *manually* adjust the fading situation. For example in my car I have only 1 pre out and will be running 2 amps. I will need to provide 3 channels (sub is bridged to 1 channel). This will all be done using splitters (till i can get a better head unit). Now Fading via my head unit becomes non existant as EVERYTHING will be run outta the1 set of pre outs (rear). Therefore using the gains adjustment on my amps, I will fine tune everything :D Hope this helps and good luck mate!