PDA

View Full Version : EK Gearbox questions

dOOb
06-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi all

Just recently bought a 97 GLI civic with an automatic transmission, its got 155kms, i bought it because i was in a rush so didn't check everything properly..... maybe i should have.

The problem is i can feel a jerk every time it changes gear, can't hear any grinding or whinging noise from the box but it doesn't feel right. Does anyone know what it could be or am i looking at bearing issues in the very near future? or possibly worn mounts?

Thanks

raffyboy
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
might be the bearing get it check properly man

dOOb
08-09-2010, 08:08 AM
anymore ideas?

bennjamin
08-09-2010, 09:18 AM
More likely slipping somewhere
Try flushing and replacing the fluid with fresh new Honda ATF fluid. Do
It a couple of times to make
Sure all old fluid is out of the torque convertor. Just by new
Fluid it could very well fix your issue.

Also look at a worn/ broken rear engine mount

dOOb
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks Ben. i'll try the flush first before contemplating a rebuild or replacing the gearbox

Mugen Civic
09-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Just to add, its a common problem with EK auto transmission. Happened to one of my EK's and I heard from many others.
Changing fluid may or may not work. I always flushed mine before but can't rememeber if it helped, thinking back i don't think it made a difference...

grifty
09-09-2010, 08:00 AM
flushing the fluid is not going to be cheap, a 4L bottle of ATF fluid from honda will cost you about $65 and you will need two of them.

dOOb
09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
The gearbox is not making noise so i dont think i should be thinking of replacing geabox just yet, changing the fluid may be the cheaper option in the mean time