PDA

View Full Version : Double Din From the States

pintorulz
07-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi

I just got a DC5 and wanted to put in a double din tv/gps unit connected to a TV tuner comparing the price to the price in the states its cheaper to get one from there, i was just wondering what if the radio etc etc will work in australia? Anyone else has imported radio etc from teh states??

ICACHA
07-09-2010, 07:23 PM
yeah get it from the states. AM no good, but i guess you dont listen to AM anyway...

slimx
07-09-2010, 09:28 PM
i believe sometimes wiring it up can be different to.. i was putting in some tv deck from usa and the colouring was very different. maybe just the one deck though dno.

pintorulz
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
What about the TV tuner and GPS i was looking at either the pioneer/clarion or JVC with GPS but it has builtin US maps, what are the chances of upgrading this to OZ maps?

slimx
08-09-2010, 12:00 AM
not to sure about that best off find the EXACT MODEL see if its AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA if it is then the software/firmware CAN BE CHANGED.. to SUIT AUS maps

ICACHA
09-09-2010, 10:14 AM
make sure you keep track of how much time you spend reseaching this then ask what your time is worth and do the math. then see how much you're saving buying from overseas.