PDA

View Full Version : Program a new alarm remote?

RandyRhydah
07-09-2010, 12:54 PM
hey i bought my car with an alarm in it already, the remote died after a couple months and now i have bought a new universal 2 way remote.

the remote came with no instructions and ofcause buying the car second hand i have no instructions for the alarm either.

the remote i bought actually looks nearly identical to the one that came with the car so i assume its either been done before with this alarm or its from the same dodgey factory that the alarm was made in

either way im just wondering how id go about programing the new remote, i did a google search but it just came up with how to do it with oem car alarms for newer cars

my car is an eg4

cheers

Temp3st
07-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Lol you actually had an alarm in it?! Mine is the exact same except its been disconnected and i wanna see if i can get it working or rip it out :P

RandyRhydah
07-09-2010, 02:09 PM
surprisingly i just unplugged the alarm and everything still works... lol atleast now i know it wont lock out of nowere and not let me back in..

Temp3st
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
That wouldve ended badly lol you couldve ended up like me with the EK stuck between Tairo and Maryborough ><

slimx
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM
First you gotta identify WHAT KIND OF ALARM YOU HAVE.
and then ill tell you an idea of how u can do it.

If you gota Mongoose for example, Usually under the dash (top of pedals) you'll find a hidden secret switch (if its installed by a pro) in mongoose its a red killswitch looking thing hold it down 30 seconds then hold the UNLOCK BUTTON till the light on the ALARM MODULE (you must also find the module btw lol it can be ANYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol sometimes in the boot sometimes even in the door lol little black box usually with a BRAND NAME on it like Mongoose in this case.
And yeh you'll see little light on the module blink a few odd times and yeh sumfn like that
then the remote jst works :)

RandyRhydah
08-09-2010, 05:57 AM
thanks for the info.. its called a mannix alarm.. did a google search sounds like a cheap Chinese brand.

but usually when they make cheap products they copy what well known brands do so ill look to see if there is a switch and go from there

cheers