PDA

View Full Version : installing second amp

rey2009
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
hey guys:)

i already got a mono amp(kenwood) connected for a sub(kenwood)

however i was wondering how to connect another amp(alpine) for dual sub(pioneer)

is there any place i could goto for installation? is it cheap??:eek:

can i do it myself?:angel: thanks guyss

Bulbasaur
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
should have tried google first :D http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newsletter/multiple_amplifiers.htm

Zilli
08-09-2010, 08:18 AM
i'll move this to the ICE section, you may get more responses

MR808
08-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Just run a power and remote cable from your existing amp to the new one, then you need two split the RCA for the new amp aswell then run some speaker cable from the amp to the sub. There's plenty of places that you can get it done by prices would start from 80 - 150 depending where you go.
Hope this helps!

arverson
08-09-2010, 09:15 AM
personally i wouldnt piggyback the power wire off another amp because of voltage drops and other reasons.

get yourself a t-style '1 IN, 2 OUT' distributor block like so: http://www.caraudio-store.de/images/products/stinger_ST-4010.jpg(maybe more 'outs' if you plan on connecting other accessories/future amps). have your current power wire goin 'in' on one end of the distro block, then splitting it up to each amp.

i assume your main power wire is fused near the battery, otherwise get yourself a fused distro block.

have the remote piggyback off the other amp like mr808 said.

and RCA splitters for the RCA obviously. specifically 1-female to 2-males splitters.

its pretty easy so you could do it yourself if youre confident and know how.. otherwise the 80-150 sounds about right.

white_ep3_civic
08-09-2010, 12:58 PM
The best way is 1 in 2 out splitter. Safest way to do it. Also you can run the earth to the same point the 1st amp is.

slimx
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
cehck ur pm

itequilla
09-09-2010, 08:46 PM
try to bridge your amp, that way you dont have to use 2 amps
if you like to save space

rey2009
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
bridge? i need to connect another sub i dont think i can use the existing monoblock

arverson
10-09-2010, 08:03 AM
1. you can run multiple subs off 1 monoblock amp depending on the impedences of your subs and how low your monoblock is stable down to

2. i just noticed.. you're wanting to run 2 different subs.. umm... whyyyyyyy?

given you didnt know both those simple things.. if i was you i wouldnt attempt installing everything myself, take it to a pro (NOT jb, autobarn, strathy, etc)

rey2009
10-09-2010, 11:35 AM
thankss

would it matter if

im running kenwood monoblock got it in pakage with 12in kenwood sub

and i want to run twin pioneer subs on a alpine amp

will the bass still kick in together?

arverson
10-09-2010, 01:59 PM
either keep your kenwood sub or REPLACE it with the pioneers. dont run multiple brands/models of subs at once, if you did you'd effectively have different types of subs having different tonal characteristics.. you'd make it sound worse. think of it as running 1 type of tyres on the left, and a totally different type on the right.. short answer: no they wont kick together

besides, in a eg hatch you're gonna find it tough to fit 2 amps plus 3 subs PLUS having them in optimum boxes.

rey2009
10-09-2010, 06:58 PM
thanks mate

about space got enough

about kickin in im still confused

my mate is running 2 different brands of sub in car and all kick in beautiful thats 1 alpine and 2 jbl on two different amps

arverson
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
im not even sure what you mean by 'kick in together'.. elaborate or define what you mean by that

seems youve already set your mind on running both types so dont be confused, just do as you want

rey2009
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
kicking in together for example a techno song with bass pumping together no delays in middle

na bro still deciding

catacaustic
11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I'll put my 2c in here...

I fully agree with everyone else ehre saying DO NOT mix brands/models of subs and amps. The only time that this is even vaguely acceptable is if you have a very good active crossover netowrk going that lets you run highs (tweeters), mid (4-6"), mid-base (8"), and sub (10+). If the subs are the same size, but you have got them running off different sources at different levels, it will never give a good clear sound. It's like having two singers trying to hit the same note at the same time.. never going to happen!

But... The only thing that I notice here is that you say about techno with no delays in the middle.... That scares me, really!

If there was a delay, that means that one of your amplifers sucks ass. That's all there is to it.

The biggest question is - Are you going for SPL or quality? If it's SPL, then you won't ever get there with the brands that you are talking about now. Not that they are bad, but they are really not ones that win comps. If you are going for quality, then you really need to learn that sound is the same as a lot of other things in life. Less is more. To sound good, you need dedicated channels, dedicates speakers, and make sure that every part of your system does what it does to the best of it's ability, and nothing else is trying to make up for any "short comings" in the other component.

catacaustic
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I'll put my 2c in here...

I fully agree with everyone else here saying DO NOT mix brands/models of subs and amps. The only time that this is even vaguely acceptable is if you have a very good active crossover netowrk going that lets you run highs (tweeters), mid (4-6"), mid-base (8"), and sub (10+). If the subs are the same size, but you have got them running off different sources at different levels, it will never give a good clear sound. It's like having two singers trying to hit the same note at the same time.. never going to happen!

But... The only thing that I notice here is that you say about techno with no delays in the middle.... That scares me, really!

If there was a delay, that means that one of your amplifers sucks ass. That's all there is to it. If that's not the case then some other component sucks ass. There should never be a delay that's noticable to the human ear. That just screams out "budget quality equipment".

The biggest question is - Are you going for SPL or quality? If it's SPL, then you won't ever get there with the brands that you are talking about now. Not that they are bad, but they are really not ones that win comps. If you are going for quality, then you really need to learn that sound is the same as a lot of other things in life. Less is more. To sound good, you need dedicated channels, dedicates speakers, and make sure that every part of your system does what it does to the best of it's ability, and nothing else is trying to make up for any "short comings" in the other component.

rey2009
11-09-2010, 10:29 PM
thanks alot broo and everyone

made my decision:)

as u all know i got kenwood monoblock with 12" kenwood sub 1200w

i will swap it with Alpine V12 amp with Twin Pioneer 10" 1000w each

which one would u guys think have more bass? my existin setup or the one i wanto swap to?

thanks alot one more time guys

rey2009
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
which setup would u prefer? and why?

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4859/subsscopy.jpg (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/subsscopy.jpg/)

and is it possible for my monoblock to handle the dual pioneer subs?

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1993/piooo.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/piooo.jpg/)

thanks alot guys really appreciated

slimx
12-09-2010, 01:36 AM
yes it can handle it. Monoblocks are more reliable when it comes to running subs. There designed for that.

rey2009 check ur pm ive replied.

============
my recommendation:
If u want just loud boomb bass dnt care wat its lyk jst loud.
Go 4 it do wat u want who gives a fk wat ozhonda finks ur young probly like me enjoy ur life lol do wat u want

If u want CLARITY however Stick with 1 amp 2 subs. Best option is that.
That kenwood sub isnt the strongest ive had it before not sure about the pioneers though.

Some things are over rated some are under in the car audio world. Think it through you know already how much it'll cost u. Just tlk 2 ur mates ask dem wat dey'd do dnt bother asking forums, forums are good for HELP not for advice half the people on here dont give advice they just bad mouth u.. make up stuff and tell u off for making an opinion.
The best people oin these forums are mods and admins.

ICACHA
12-09-2010, 10:09 AM
^^^ your sig from all the minutes of experience you have? LOL

rey2009
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM

orite guys

i connected pioneer dual subs with Alpine v12 amp
results: bass was ok but not as good as my old kenwood setup:thumbdwn:
however the amp got really hot:confused: even though the amp is made for the dual subs as my dad got it in package:angel:

then i connected pioneer subs to my Kenwood monoblock 600w
results::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
in short
too good...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

so i realised my kenwood monoblock is way more powerfull then Alpine amp

now even my roof is SHAKING@!#%:eek:! lol

however one more problem:(

This is nothing todo with my amp or sub because speakers are connected to the battery (no amp)
i got bass coming from my speakers when i turn em loud they start to sound shit:(

is there anyway i can turn off bass from speakers??:o

very much appreciated for all your help guys:):):)
would rep you but my points are worthless lol

Bludger
13-09-2010, 12:57 AM
yes it can handle it. Monoblocks are more reliable when it comes to running subs. There designed for that.

rey2009 check ur pm ive replied.

============
my recommendation:
If u want just loud boomb bass dnt care wat its lyk jst loud.
Go 4 it do wat u want who gives a fk wat ozhonda finks ur young probly like me enjoy ur life lol do wat u want

If u want CLARITY however Stick with 1 amp 2 subs. Best option is that.
That kenwood sub isnt the strongest ive had it before not sure about the pioneers though.

Some things are over rated some are under in the car audio world. Think it through you know already how much it'll cost u. Just tlk 2 ur mates ask dem wat dey'd do dnt bother asking forums, forums are good for HELP not for advice half the people on here dont give advice they just bad mouth u.. make up stuff and tell u off for making an opinion.
The best people oin these forums are mods and admins.also da bst ppl r da ppl dat type lyk dis yer?

MR808
13-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Turn down the bass from your head unit should help with the speakers but if depending on what head unit you have you could also be turning down the bass on the subs

rey2009
13-09-2010, 08:08 AM
my headunit is crapp

only things i got is

SUB
MID
TREBLE

however the sub is for the subs not for the speakers

i heard there something called capacitors:S that you attach it with the positive wire going to speakers?

arverson
13-09-2010, 09:01 AM
the bass(sub) eq will affect the bass going to the speakers too, not just your subwoofers

but what you need is crossovers

rey2009
13-09-2010, 05:03 PM
yes i realised they will but they will eventually make my sub low

yyess i heard about crossovers

what is it? where can i get it? how to install it? lol sorry for to many questions

arverson
13-09-2010, 07:21 PM
cbfd spoonfeeding.. google it.

hint: use that 4chan alpine amp

ICACHA
14-09-2010, 07:57 AM
im my professional/personal opinion, technical sections on forums like this should not exist.

my reasoning behind this is that it only takes one dip sh!t to try something they have no clue about and burn their car or a friends car down then come back to the forum to blame the person that gave him/her the wrong information.

there is a reason why there are stores out there (ones that have been in business a VERY long time), its cause they know what they are doing unlike kids on forums who are experts on one car, their own.

btw, people think this is a dig? trust me, if i was having a dig, people would know about it. just ask slimlim and his cig lighter reply as to why the persons amp is staying on, not that it was much of a dig at him but he shows himself up for what he knows, not much. :)

slimx
15-09-2010, 12:31 AM
^^^ your sig from all the minutes of experience you have? LOL
dats not my sig i jst seperated it.
and yeh mainly from ppl who cant stick to topic.. cough..*

also da bst ppl r da ppl dat type lyk dis yer?
its easier. its quicker
get OVA it

LYK : LIKE
2 : TO
PPL : PEOPLE
OVA : OVER

Welcome to the new age. People do things faster.. and simpler

im my professional/personal opinion, technical sections on forums like this should not exist.

my reasoning behind this is that it only takes one dip sh!t to try something they have no clue about and burn their car or a friends car down then come back to the forum to blame the person that gave him/her the wrong information.

there is a reason why there are stores out there (ones that have been in business a VERY long time), its cause they know what they are doing unlike kids on forums who are experts on one car, their own.

btw, people think this is a dig? trust me, if i was having a dig, people would know about it. just ask slimlim and his cig lighter reply as to why the persons amp is staying on, not that it was much of a dig at him but he shows himself up for what he knows, not much. :)

mm.. yes icacha a really smart person .
Still hasnt learnt to stay on topic? Whats it been?? a year? lol ur pretty thick aye?

Bludger
15-09-2010, 08:53 AM
its easier. its quicker
get OVA it

LYK : LIKE
2 : TO
PPL : PEOPLE
OVA : OVER

Welcome to the new age. People do things faster.. and simpler

1- no, its not simpler, it might be quicker for yourself, but have you ever thought about the person trying to read your garbage?
2- If you learnt how to type properly (ie. touch type) then you would be able to type very, very fast in the proper English. Even faster tyhan how you type now with your garbage.
3- New age??? You might be able to get away with it now while you're immature..... go out in the REAL world and continue to type like that. See how far you get champ.......

slimx
15-09-2010, 01:26 PM
in the real world U DNT TYP LYK DIS
but on OzHonda u CAN

Thats the difference.
did u notice i dont make every word like that ..
only lyk or ur... which if sounded out can easily be understood.
I dont go hard out.. so relax a bit calm down... take a deep breath.. inhale .. exhale..
lol, u might get mad at lol now.. so i better say sorry from now.. or my non capital i's.. lol
RELAX

rey2009
15-09-2010, 06:09 PM
lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ohh i mean

laugh my ****ing ass off....

slimx
15-09-2010, 08:14 PM
see what i mean about forum members? lol

u cant ask 4 opinions here mate, just ask for help maybe and this is a very great place for parts. have fun :) going through these wars lol. i been through many .. ask icacha me and him are best friends :) he loves me lol

ICACHA
15-09-2010, 09:06 PM
if you were a chick i'd say maybe. since you dont know much about anything 'on topic' i doubt i love ya.

if everyone stayed on topic, forums would be a sad place to visit. just ask slim lim.

rey2009
16-09-2010, 02:29 PM
true true

slimx
20-09-2010, 06:58 PM
u love me u know it :)