PDA

View Full Version : DC5R Decal

silverspoon
08-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi guys just wanted your thoughts on a project I'm about to undertake.

Problem: My car needs a whole respray due to damage inflicted by the previous owner ( I finally got the cash, place and time to get this done) Body work has been filled sanded and all that is left is the paint to go on. However heres my dilemma. I'm sure most DC5R owners would have a particular "Integra type R" decal on the rear fenders of their car. Now most likely I'm going to have to remove them but are there alternatives and does anyone know where to get them from? I was planning to paint around it at one stage but since my car is silver not such a wise idea I've been told.

Just after your opinion on whether to keep or ditch the decals?

Cheers

6000rpm
08-09-2010, 07:56 PM
definitely remove them if your doing a respray.

you can buy them from honda or some traders on here.

ayd76
08-09-2010, 07:58 PM
remove them before painting

then buy new ones from honda or you can get them from jdmconcept

WATAJK
08-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Dude... i had my car resprayed fully.. i can show you photos if you want..
Decals were removed aswell as all BADGES and then everything was re-instated.
Seriously, remove them.. Ain't hard to put them back on, make sure the panel shop gets photos of everything.. where they are etc etc...
So that way when placing them back on its a breeze.
PM me for photos if u want

jj17
09-09-2010, 02:22 AM
always thought the paint dudes are meant to supply new ones and replace them for u.. or atleast its what i heard from ppl that had got theirs resprayed

VT-11-RR
09-09-2010, 08:59 AM
after your respray you can buy them from www.jdmconcept.com.au/

45SET
09-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Looks better with them off anyway...

just saying

RED-DC5R
09-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Like most of the guys said they should be able to put the decals and badges back nicely. And its quite easy to buy the decals.
http://www.icbmotorsport.com/indc5tyr021.html
I buy my badges there they have decals as weo.

silverspoon
10-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Yea thats the plan then to remove them. Thing is I got my workplace to do the job but I have have to do all the prep work. Just a question out of curiosity, if I were to stick them back on after the paint job would I put them on before or after the clear coat? As I plan to do some vinyl stickers of some kind. Is there any easy way to remove then other than some wax and grease remover?

45SET
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
ahh... aren't you a panel beater??

silverspoon
19-09-2010, 03:35 PM
My dad was, he was a spray painter too before the fumes got the best of him. Guess I'm just starting to learn the family trade just wish I had more time. The cost of painting a car is all in the prep work. Btw I do agree the car does look better with them off, its just that I'm in a restoration mood.

Bludger
20-09-2010, 01:02 AM
why don't you ask him?

silverspoon
20-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I would if I could dude, but he has since left this life since I bought my ITR, hence the past tense.