PDA

View Full Version : ED Civic leaking steering rack

EDCivic
08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Rack is still hanging in there i.e. not losing that much oil at all really (say a shot glass every 2 to 3 months) but passenger side boot has now split and is now leaving the odd drop on the floor and the drivers side has been leaking for a couple of years now (blowing underneath the car stopping any rust from happening !!!). The thing is as a general run about and now that our daughter the "P" plater uses and must admit body, mechanicaly, a/c and body wise for its age is in dam good nick with 325k on the clock, what/where should I do/go to get the rack replaced/repaired i.e. from a wreck or a recon and if recon where in Adelaide and pardon all of the "/"'es lol

grifty
08-09-2010, 10:40 PM
just go to the wreckers and get one that is clean and is not leaking. you should be able to pick them up cheap, i got mine for $50.

EDCivic
08-09-2010, 10:46 PM
$50....it's a start. I'll sus out a few wreckers here, but the prob in Adelaide is that there aren't many Honda wreckers and they charge like wounded bulls :( !

grifty
08-09-2010, 10:53 PM
also try posting up a WTB thread here, you never know someone might have a clean one lying around they want to get rid of.

EDCivic
08-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Done and thanks

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/serneckr/Honda2.jpg