PDA

View Full Version : Cam gear timing,how to adjust?

beeza
09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm running an aftermarket cam gear and I was told by Justin at Bisimoto to:

"set intake lobe center-line to 110 degrees,this is where bisimoto cams have been found to perform their best!"

How do I do that?

Is it a case of slipping the timing belt off (or taking it right off?) making the adjustment on the cam gear,then put the belt back on?

Cheers guys!

:honda:

AE092
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
There should be degree markings on your cam gear in which you can adjust it to, there really isn't any point unless your running aftermarket cams with higher lift and duration to make the most of it. To get the best out of it, have it taken to a workshop and dialled in on a dyno.

TODA AU
09-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Get a degree wheel. Clock the opening & closing events & adjust to suit.
Duration/2 - intake opening event equals lobe centre angle.
Or ask for lift at tdc figures.

beeza
10-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Damn,so it's not as easy as I thought..

I've looked into the degree wheel and am not confident teaching myself that one,need to be shown the first time..

I may just have to wait until I tune.

I forgot to say I have a stage 1 bisimoto cam in there..

VT3C
10-09-2010, 06:27 PM
this page has some VERY good information but adjusting the camshaft timing is quite advanced and you can EASILY destroy your motor.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=27552&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic

I tried just moving a notch or two in either direction and could notice the difference in powerband movement, but I dont think there was any actual gains. I think you'd have to push them further apart but I wasnt brave enough to try it.. i ended up resetting them to zero HAHA.

beeza
11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks mate!