PDA

View Full Version : Clearing defects - EG5

notJDM
10-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Got red sticker the other day.
Wondering what would I need to do to get my car cleared for inspection.
I don't work.
I have money problems at the moment.
This is the worse time to get ****ed up!

Reasons for being red sticker defect:

- Car too low - How would I fix this? I know springs cost heaps. I don't think I'm willing to spend hundreds on springs at this point of time. I also heard the RTA gives out standard springs, is this true?

- Tyres - What are the cheapest tyres but does the job? How much do you think per tyre is?

Is there anyway to let them know I don't have a job, I don't have the kinda money to just pull out of my ass. Please give me some suggestions I could do etc....

Thanks, OH

mugen_ctr
10-09-2010, 10:05 AM
ok, first off, get some standard springs an put them back in, 2ndly, tires are dirt cheap, go to a local tire shop an find some road worthy tires that are 2nd hand, that should do the trick

And if RTA ever gave out free standard springs i think most ppl with lowered cars wouldnt need to bother borrowing or buying stock springs, lol

dc292177917
10-09-2010, 10:37 AM
plz pm me if u want some cheap good used tyres, i got a set of 15s RE040 left, they are pretty roady

duzy
10-09-2010, 06:26 PM
stock springs will set you back $50 +/- you can get springs from dc integra, ek, and eg, from wreckers or traders on here.

They go minimum height of car must be more than 100mm from the ground at all points of the vehicle

as for tyres, 2nd hand roadworthy is your best bet.

StrawberryFace
10-09-2010, 07:26 PM
you from sydney?? if you are ill let you borrow my ek stock springs to clear the defect and give them back when done man. i know how fukd it is to get defected man i got a $400 fine ontop of it all. let me know.