PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with this S2K

whokid
11-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Hi guys, help me to look at this S2K. Currently, I am looking for a good S2K.
As I am in NSW, I dont want to waste the money for the air ticket just to inspect the car.
The owner is saying that the car just travelled under 20K, which sounds unbelievable for a 7 years old car...
Also I dont really like the S2K in silver.... but if this car is really in a perfect condition, I don't mind purchasing :)
So if anyone has any information, that would be nice.
I will be appreciate if someone in WA can inspect the car in person and test drive it for me
Thx

whokid
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM
This is the link on carsales!!
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8962609&__Qpb=true&Cr=12&__Ns=pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294964924&silo=1011&__No=45&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=99&__sid=126EE2CBEC1B

And anther one My2005 in vic
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=8765023&keywords=&trecs=99&__sid=126EE2CBEC1B&__Ns=pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&__Qpb=true&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294964924&silo=1011

C.L.
11-09-2010, 02:14 AM
in my opinion, buy one that cost 20K and a bit more and you can do a lot by the rest of the money you saving from that silver s2k

whokid
11-09-2010, 02:32 AM
I don't like the older model with fabric interior, which makes the car looks cheep...
Also the one with high kilometers will need change piece and pieces still will cost me alot in future

jmdjmaria
11-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I don't like the older model with fabric interior, which makes the car looks cheep...
Also the one with high kilometers will need change piece and pieces still will cost me alot in future

id prefer the model with fabric interior than everything red. thats just my opinion and regarding Ks.. it dsnt matter how much Ks are on it as long as it has been taken care of. iv seen cars with low Ks that are in worst conditions than ones with higher Ks. take a look at a this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?124542-Thought-YOU-did-alot-of-driving...-400-000km-s . this was posted by Brad few weeks ago. =] hope this helps when deciding. =]

kimnkk
11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Can't go wrong with either of the ones you listed, but things will obviously vary from car to car.

IMO i would be leaning towards the 2005 AP2 as its only a tiny tiny bit more but you get all the AP2 things like revised bumpers, lights and center console, but i guess you can do all those things yourself if you're so inclined.

The 2003 has insanely low K's and chances are interior should be decent since everything looks like its been covered up (u gotta take the seat covers off and check to make sure he just didnt slap them on to cover up badly worn seats though).

At 20k you'll only have older 2ks and high ks. At around 30k, older 2ks with low K's or newer s2k's with high k's. At that price range you'd be looking at newer s2k's with low k's. That said, things vary, a lower mileage and newer s2k can be in worse nick than one thats older with more mileage, it all depends on how it was treated.

whokid
11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I am just wondering, I searched year difference on google. People said that AP2 changed the engine to F22C, is that correct or only the US version is like that? Also some people told me that MY2005 or laters are hard to tune, as these models are more electronical....Is that true? correct me if I wrong.
I will do some mods after I buy, a few on machanical. More based on reducing weight and handling. Any advises on which year is better for my case.
THx

kimnkk
11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah F22C is only for the US market 04+ and Japanese market 06+. The rest of the world gets F20C throughout.

AFAIK there's no significant electronic stuff with MY05 in Australia, as only MY06 onwards get VSA (stability control). We don't get cruise control here either.

The AP2 (04-09) has a different flywheel though, i think around 22lb whereas the AP1 (99-03) has a 14lb flywheel. AP2 get revised diff and synchros.

whokid
11-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks for your comment, it helps me lot:)
As there are not much difference between AP1 and AP2 except for exterior which I dont really care about.
Just have to look for one which is well maintain. Not much S2K on the market, have to search interstate. really a headache

jbird
11-09-2010, 12:06 PM
05+ get drive by wire throttle which "makes it harder to tune".

Buy the black one. If your going to spend 40k on a car might as well spend 200 on a return ticket...

whokid
11-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Any one know the hirstory of these two cars?

catacaustic
11-09-2010, 10:12 PM
The '03 is a car that has had the ass modd'd out of it, and then been returned to as close to standard as possible to sell... How do I know? No S2K has the dash that colour. That's a VERY BIG indicator. As soon as i saw that I would have walked away. When that much money has been spent on a custom interior, but the rest seems stock... And yeah.. 20,00 k's for a car that old... Something just doesn't add up.

The black one does seem like the better car. If you can't get there to see it yourself, get a good mechanical inspection. I did that when I bought mine. I'm in Bris, and the car was in Sydney. I ogranised it all before I even saw the car becuase I knew I had someone trustworthy looking over the car for me. I even bought mine with a LOT more k's on it over others that had 1/2 the k's, because mine was just kept in better condition.

You also need to be a little bit realistic. asking "what are these cars like?" on a forum is always going to get mixed responses. If you are torn between two, get them inspected!!! The worst thing that can happen is that you'll spend $200 and find out that the car that you liked is a lemon! It's always better to find that out BEFORE you pay the money for it. ;)

kimnkk
11-09-2010, 10:55 PM
The '03 is a car that has had the ass modd'd out of it, and then been returned to as close to standard as possible to sell... How do I know? No S2K has the dash that colour. That's a VERY BIG indicator. As soon as i saw that I would have walked away. When that much money has been spent on a custom interior, but the rest seems stock... And yeah.. 20,00 k's for a car that old... Something just doesn't add up.

What do you mean? The red dash? Thats normal and appeared only in 02 and 03 models AFAIK.

But agreed about getting the car inspected. Definitely get someone to inspect it, i had my mechanic take it up on a hoist and look the whole car over before i bought it. Definitely worth it.

vbroom
11-09-2010, 11:45 PM

babow. wrong. way to assume it has been modded to the bone.
they came stock from factory with the full red interior.

from the photos its looks clean. the k's seem strangely low, but if it was purely a weekend toy, its completely plausible they're genuine k's.

also, from the photos the condition of the carpet still looks good condition which reflect the low k's.

whokid
12-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Anyone can suggest any good inspecter in WA? If they can do paint thickness check, that would be great.

ninzee
12-09-2010, 02:18 AM
babow. wrong. way to assume it has been modded to the bone.
they came stock from factory with the full red interior.

from the photos its looks clean. the k's seem strangely low, but if it was purely a weekend toy, its completely plausible they're genuine k's.

also, from the photos the condition of the carpet still looks good condition which reflect the low k's.

depends who owns it too it may be an elderly man who always wanted a s2k and just got it to forfill his desire to own one

Engin09
12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
i really do like the black 1, if its been well looked after id rather go black then silver and i'd take all the AP2 extras KM aint nothing, just get it inspected and it will also be easier to sell an ap2 '05 model later on in the future