PDA

View Full Version : attn: 94-97 accord owners

joyride
06-01-2005, 08:21 AM
have you ever noticed the stock exhausts on 94-97 accords have a factory defect? what i mean is that the left of the twin exhaust pipe has fallen off... if you look at alot of accords you will notice this.

i noticed this a few years ago on my dads accord and my friends hassled me about it. soon after we all noticed it on other accords...

this is just a useless post.... sorry for wasting your time LOL.

poid
06-01-2005, 08:36 AM
the tip on mine fell off but not the actual exhaust part of it. And yeh, i've noticed it on alot of accords after some mates started giving me crap about it!

joyride
06-01-2005, 09:08 AM
haha! yeah the tip, not the actual exhaust, i didnt know how to word it.

edit: also, is it possible to swap the 98-00 accord headlights, front fenders, bumper hood etc onto the 94-97? no hassles (like the sil80 swap)??

poid
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
i dont think it is, i'm pretty sure the 98-00 is wider

Dominik
06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Apparently the front headlights *can* be made to fit, with a little modification. Not sure about the bumper/bonnet though...

As for the exhaust tips (thats what they are), i'd hardly call that a major defect. The antenna, which ALWAYS breaks, is a major defect!!!

Anyway, you could always do this if one falls off (or in my case, because i wanted to):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dbloemhard/My%20Accord/IMGP0259.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dbloemhard/My%20Accord/IMGP0260.jpg
(thats a set of VIP style exhaust tips welded onto the stock muffler - all the showy looks of an exhaust, without any of the drone)

28RAG
06-01-2005, 03:48 PM
mine stayed on. but mine was very low k's. still changed to a pointless cannon :P

Benji
06-01-2005, 04:12 PM
mine havn't fallen off yet, but have noticed a few that have. Your's looks nice Dominik, i might do similar if they ever fall off.

razaman
06-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Mine haven't fallen off but my antenna sucks ass.

I love those tips dom - very cool!

Raz

CHU85
06-01-2005, 06:20 PM
mine did fall off and my antenna is ****ed!

viperx
06-01-2005, 09:46 PM
i hate to be the party pooper but on the second pic the pipes seem to extend out too far from the bumper... flush with bumper is best in my opinion... but its all preference in these things :)

but ur rims look cool though :cool:

yeah my antenna is starting to go a bit odd, sometimes not retracting fully... i found that cleaning off the crap on it a bit with petrol helps but any1 got betta ideas?

Dominik
06-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Yep, the exhaust is about 2-3" out from the rear bumper. My signature might explain why though - its VIP style to have the up-angled, protruding exhausts (these days true VIP exhausts are starting to look more like pea-shooters, but oldschool VIP is like mine).

The guy at the exhaust shop asked me about 3 times whether i was sure i wanted them out that far; but i love it! Its a good deterrant to bad parallel parkers too - they could slice up a front bumper easily....

Anyway, it was just a personal choice - i'm not offended that you dont like it (one of my best mates thinks the tint + exhaust looks ridiculous), i did it for me :p (it wasnt becoz the tips fell off either - i still have both of mine in my boot!!)

But the antenna is another story. It is seriously wont go all the way down (i actually put quite a bit of force on it trying to get it down, but there is definitely something stopping it!) One of these days i really should replace it...

lengjaiboy
07-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Ah.. mayb its time we all had a good shave..
for our antennas dat is..

Who needs radio neway?.. :)

razaman
07-01-2005, 06:05 AM
s2000 antenna anyone?

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzIwNjczNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

$190.58 +gst in NZ for the complete unit.

Raz

joyride
07-01-2005, 07:54 AM
yeah the antenna thing is for all hondas isnt it? mine is rooted so i just disconnected it. the sk2 antenna looks good, does it sit well on the body or is there a gap?

also it is a defect (law-wise) if the exhaust tip does do protrud from the rear bumper. gay yes i know but thats the law. :rolleyes:

Dominik
07-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Oh well, i'm sure my ride height might be a defect too. But thats the problem with road rules - its ok to turbo/supercharge/swap your engine with a 7L V8 or whatever, which effectively makes your car faster and more dangerous, but visual mods which probably slow you down more than anything, are illegal!!

I bet that 12" deep dish rims (0 offset), 15 degrees of camber and 10cm wide fender flares would be defectable as well, even though you would be less likely to speed/lose control in the wet, and probably stop better than the aforementioned high powered cars too (wider tyres)!

Meh, i know i should move to Japan...

Benji
07-01-2005, 08:48 AM
just disconect your antenna so it stays down all the time, i can still get good radio reception with it down, but radio has nothin but crap playing most of the time anyway, just listen to cd. that's a good idea to shave it, would be easier to wash and wax too.

Dominik
07-01-2005, 11:51 AM
at least 2 hrs of Peak hour traffic every day = must have radio to keep my sanity

I find reception isnt very good with it down... Maybe my antenna isnt so good. I dont mind so much, but passengers get scared when it starts going clunkity-clunk-clunk-clunk when i start/stop the engine...

toE
07-01-2005, 11:13 PM
hmm...guess the antenna for 94-97 models is a common thing.

I don't get good reception too with it down.

That S2K version isn't all that good IMO.
I was actually thinking of changing my antennae to a spring based antennae. So, no motors to raise and lower the antenna, and doesn't break (easily?!?) when something brushes against it. Pretty sure Autobarn sells this type of antenna.

Calvo
08-01-2005, 05:51 PM
yeh, my antenna's fuked, and so was the one on my dad's 5th gen last time...

i like the bmw style antenna's, "shark fin".

lengjaiboy
09-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Oh.. is that what those shark fin things are??
dam.. i thought it was for aerodynamics.. high speed stability.. :rolleyes:
and oh.. i reckon the attenas that are embedded into the glass is da best :thumbsup:

Joh
09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
My tip is still on, but hav seen lots of accords with that problem, yeah and my antenna woz playin up but now it seems to be fine again, go me, just took some cleaning, but i'm sure it's due to break off any day now :D

28RAG
09-01-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah my aerial only goes all the way down when it wants to...so i push it down, still works fine and when it stuffs up ill replace it. Its only the mast and rope that stuffs up i think and @ mazda we sell them for $60 +fitting

h22a accord
10-01-2005, 05:01 PM
the top half of my antenna fell out so i got an aeropro one to replace it, when i took the broken one out i discovered it was a non genuine aeropro antenna aswell.

only cost me 40 bus to replace.