PDA

View Full Version : DC5R OEM Brake Pads

WATAJK
12-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Guys, my front pads are dead tbh.... i need new pads and i've come across these on ebay...
Hella cheap compared to $300 which includes fitment they want here at a dealership lol...

Just wanting to know will these fit my DC5R??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-06-Acura-RSX-Type-S-New-Front-Brake-Pads-OEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem48388baf7aQQitemZ31018 6323834QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Thank you

stevo716
12-09-2010, 09:16 PM
u rele want OEM?
cuz Bendix CTs will cost bout 100 for the pair

WATAJK
12-09-2010, 09:25 PM
u rele want OEM?
cuz Bendix CTs will cost bout 100 for the pair

What's the difference between the 2 as i haven't really looked into "braking capabilities" yet...
Planning to go to Wakefield aswell in November... Got a long drive from Melbourne to Sydney lol

45SET
12-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Get something better then OEM, you notice a huge difference in brakes just by changing your pads and fluids.

I'm running Endless CCA pads at the moment and think they are great. Before that I was running Endless SSS.

stevo716
12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Bendix CTs are just standard bit better then oem
theres alot of other options if you want to go for performance end.

WATAJK
13-09-2010, 04:09 PM
bumpppp

jj17
13-09-2010, 04:54 PM
for $300 u can get alot better pads. if you are planning to go to the tracks u might as well put in something thats gonna give u more confidence at the track in the near future.

45SET's suggestions are pretty good. Other pads i would look at are HAWK HPS or HP plus, i heard they are really great pads. You can easily source them from clubrsx.com.
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/HWK-HB361F-622.html
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/HWK-HB418N-646.html

would also consider project mu type HC+

might be in your interest to look into upgrading your brake lines too, + better brake fluids while ur at it.

WATAJK
13-09-2010, 05:23 PM
^^ Asking for rep is frowned upon... do it again and i won't be giving you rep... Sorry but Rep is only given when earned...

Thanks for the info.. will consider it.

45SET
13-09-2010, 06:50 PM
OHHH... also... I found when I first bought my car (When it was running the OEM pads) that the ABS was really sensitive, and would actually engage when, for instance, going down a ramp at a shopping center.

I told a friend about this, and he said he had the same issue (He owned a DC5R also), and said that I should try the Endless SSS pads. Put them in and it got rid of this sensitivity.

Not sure if you have the same issue.

WATAJK
13-09-2010, 07:15 PM
OHHH... also... I found when I first bought my car (When it was running the OEM pads) that the ABS was really sensitive, and would actually engage when, for instance, going down a ramp at a shopping center.

I told a friend about this, and he said he had the same issue (He owned a DC5R also), and said that I should try the Endless SSS pads. Put them in and it got rid of this sensitivity.

Not sure if you have the same issue.

Nah i don't... mine seem to be fine :S
Front's are kinda worn so a replacement is definately needed before Wakefield & street driving

jj17
13-09-2010, 07:28 PM
^^ Asking for rep is frowned upon... do it again and i won't be giving you rep... Sorry but Rep is only given when earned...

Thanks for the info.. will consider it.

sorry my bad, just never had been given anything for any of my posts since ive been on this forum a year ago. and yes they were useful info.

regardless, Im getting the same problems with type HC+ pads. sometimes when i turn into petrol stations as i go from the road onto concrete activates the abs.