PDA

View Full Version : Buying a honda interstate

chinx_4eva
13-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Hey there ozhonda!

so here's the story, i am planning on purchasing a DC2R, but the problem is, the car is from the interstate (south australia) and i live in melbourne :(

I have read through a bunch on stuff and I have purchased a second hand car before but in Melbourne.

Now before i purchase or deposit the car, im going to get a company (RAA) to do a total care (which im assuming is the full) inspection for the car.
Content of Inspection (http://www.raa.com.au/download.asp?file=documents/document_152.pdf)

Though there are bits and pieces of the more technical side of things that im worried about.
the seller says he hasn't done the 'major service' yet which im assuming its the 100,000km service (because it just touched over that mark).
Im not too sure about pricing but my friend got his done at Honda and it costed him nearly $3000 (i have no idea if he got ripped off or not).
And just a query that, during the major service, are the timing belts changed ?
Because im driving down from South Australia to Melbourne, would this be a problem if they weren't?

Sorry for the many questions, its just that I've never purchased from the interstate before and wanted to know if im going on the right track.

Any help would be greatful, thanks! :angel:

waix
13-09-2010, 12:26 PM
yeah if it just touched over the 100,000 mark the timing belts get changed in major service.

rice_spirit
13-09-2010, 12:29 PM
my major service was done by the previous owner and as far as i know it cost him somewhere in the 800-900 mark.. this was in sydney though. so unless there are some HUGE price differences between states i do think your friend got either ripped off or i'm remembering the wrong figure..

i do think the timing belts are changed. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

if you are driving it back i do think it may be a problem.. i always thought major service was carried out at the 80 000km mark? or do people just do that for the peace of mind?

Samm928
13-09-2010, 12:38 PM
its because he did it at "HONDA" if you do it at ar eputable garage no more than 1500 for sure.

just go to a mechanic in S.A try to find a reputable one and just do it on the day.
tell the mechanic so his got all the parts ready and he can do it for you on the day and u can drive back to melb.

smarter thinking :)

brad
13-09-2010, 06:30 PM
If it's a yellow integra PM me..

I don't think you're going to be pleased.

muzukashi
13-09-2010, 07:43 PM
not sure if its a huge diff but my DC5R which i'd imagine should be quite similar to the DC2R, had major service done on it few weeks ago and it was nowhere near that price i think it was around 850ish mark and this was done by "HONDA" not sure why your mates paying 3k for that lol and yes timing belts changed!