PDA

View Full Version : Anybody's Jazz collects water

Muckafutha
06-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi guys. I noticed this problem once before but I thought it was from the air-con condenser or something so did'nt take much notice of it. But today, I moved my car down a slope and lots of water gushed out from below the car. It was like a whole bucket of water no kidding. I havent moved my car for 2 days and it was raining yesterday. I dont really know exactly where the water gushed out from cos it was too late when i got out of the car. The rest of the car was dry so the water must have been from somewhere inside.

Any ideas?

muli
06-01-2005, 06:14 PM
if the aircon is low on gas, the pipes freeze more apparently but i doubt you would have this problem with such a newish car, but most aircons do generate a fair bit of water

MRFIT
06-01-2005, 10:21 PM
haven't had problems like this before..... pour water over ur car..... leave it for a while..... then move ur car..... to see if any water is comingout..... its a dumb way of finding out..... but worth a try.... :)

|N|
06-01-2005, 10:24 PM
did u mean water inside the car???

MoonSha
07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I had my car sitting still for a long time (1 week or so) and it rained alot during that time, when I went to move it a fair bit of water appeared underneath the car. I guess it just finds places to sit then the tension breaks when you move it and it all comes pouring out.

Muckafutha
07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
The water's not inside the car. But i guess its probably nothing. Will try wat MRfit said and spray some water see wat happens. Thanks guys.

terris08
07-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I also found some water dripping down from somewhere under my Jazz after I turned on the air-con as well. At first, I thought the fuel tank was cracked and spilling petrol.....

civiceg9
08-01-2005, 12:46 AM
I also found some water dripping down from somewhere under my Jazz after I turned on the air-con as well. At first, I thought the fuel tank was cracked and spilling petrol.....
If u turn on a/c, the water is just from the condenser

Muckafutha, don't park your car on a slope, try to park it on a flat ground.
You be amaze at where water can be collected after it rains.
Most probably most of your water was probably collected under the area of your windscreen and around the front fender area. :cool:

Muckafutha
08-01-2005, 05:50 PM
You are spot on...i did it over night again and this time i saw the water flow out of the driver side fender or mud guard area. So the water could be trapped in the side skirt as well. Thanx.

If u turn on a/c, the water is just from the condenser

Muckafutha, don't park your car on a slope, try to park it on a flat ground.
You be amaze at where water can be collected after it rains.
Most probably most of your water was probably collected under the area of your windscreen and around the front fender area. :cool:

panda
25-05-2005, 07:28 PM
i get a little water in the spare wheel compartment, i think similar problem to my old ek's, something to do with the bad sealing of the rear lights maybe, havent had the time to check it out properly yet :confused: