PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Professional opinion kW power

AznDragon1234
14-09-2010, 07:17 PM
hey i have a 2006 CL9 accord euro luxury and if you didnt know at stock it gives out about
150kW(almost 200HP).
i currently have these specs,
Pod Filter-
Extractors-
is it possible to tell how much extra power this will give out? 20kW? i realy dont know
any help will be appreciated.

euromandeluxe
14-09-2010, 07:40 PM
it's around 140kw at the flywheel which i believe for a manual car is around 105-110kw at the wheels, or around 95-100 atw for an auto.

pod filter will give you next to no power, but a lot of noise.

what headers did you get? good quality headers (TODA etc) will give upwards of 10 kw at the wheels (and big gains across the rev range); no name crap headers engineered with little to no R&D will give you nothing, or at best 5kw atw etc.

have a deeper look around this forum, all this info can be easily had by taking the time to do a quick search.

rayz
14-09-2010, 10:17 PM
do the headers make vtec louder??

do i need exhaust when installing headers?

snYpz
14-09-2010, 10:32 PM
You wont need an aftermarket exhaust to run with an aftermarket header.

Agree with euromandeluxe. The CL9 is rated at 141kw at the fly, not at the wheels. The numbers he/she has quoted seems to be about he average numbers on the Australian dynos (not sure which type).
Toda header gains were about 10kwatw running a hiflow cat on the car.

Normal headers will only gains about 5kw atw on average, maybe even less on lower quality replicas.
You will need much more than as specified in your mods to get 150kw atw.....much much more!! ;)
If you have an auto, like me, then it would be even more difficult....

I have comptech intake, NST pulleys, hondata gasket, 06 TSX tb, maximwork header, FLP hiflow cat, buddyclub exhaust and will also combine my next mods on the list: stage 2 cams, valvetrain and k-pro for the tune. Im not sure what I would expect but i would be really happy if i was even close to 140kwatw...

If you want power, then the cl9/euro isnt the car for you. I want more power but i dont want to put in another 80k for a 335i as im just paying off a big mortgage and have some investments to pay off. So for the time being, im more than happy to gradually mod the cl9 to get it some extra power. Besides, its fun!! =)

npcan2
14-09-2010, 10:59 PM
If you want power, then the cl9/euro isnt the car for you. I want more power but i dont want to put in another 80k for a 335i. So for the time being, im more than happy to gradually mod the cl9 to get it some extra power. Besides, its fun!! =)

THIS statement my friend is PERFECT! It is actually what I am thinking!!!! I read this and thought you copied my thoughts!!!
It gets signature status!

npcan2
14-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok, well I can't put it in my signature cos its too long... But I would if I could!

snYpz
15-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Ok, well I can't put it in my signature cos its too long... But I would if I could!

hahahah...its just something that i have been thinking for a good while. Doesnt matter how much money we dump into the car, whether we go NA or FI, its still a heavy-ass fwd sedan.
I would love to go e46 m3 (soft spot) or a practical e90 335i :D .... but im too poor for that now :(

npcan2
15-09-2010, 01:57 PM
haha! i know exactly what mean. Too true!